Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Ideas Wanted

Friday night we went camping for the first time with Azure. It was a nightmare. Azure could not grasp the concept of sleeping in the same "bed" with mommy and daddy (something she hasn't done since she was 2 wks old). She woke up at 2am and didn't fall back asleep until 3:30. She crawled all over us in the tent (rubbing her eyes the whole time mind you) half trying to fall asleep, half figuring out what it was we were in. Our camera batteries were on the verge of death so no pretty pictures of the beautiful lake or the fireflies.

Charles and I being from the west have never seen fireflies before and were thrilled like little kids to finally see them on our camping trip. They are amazing to watch!

I am also happy to report that we are growing things! What things? Fruits and herbs! We are very excited about this as we have been unable to grow things before. So, here you have it!

Grape tomato, green bell pepper, basil and oregano.

I am especially excited about the grape tomatoes and the basil. They are growing so well and I love eating and cooking with them. I can make my very own pesto with my very own basil leaves now :)

So back to the title of this post. The reason we went camping was to hang out with the Young Women in our ward because I just got called as a YW leader! I am thrilled and a little bit scared. Please share any ideas/suggestions/advice if you have had a similiar calling in YW or what your favorite memory is from being in the YW program yourself.

7 comments:

Aunt Tally said...

hey sis. Sorry i didnt answer my phone today. I wasnt getting service at angel's. That is so cool that u are gonna be a yw leader. how exciting! and about the camping, i told u azure wouldnt sleep in a tent. ha ha

Martha said...

That's awesome Deanna! You will be so great. I'm not sure I have any great ideas right now but I'll think about it. I think Marian would be the same sleeping with us--it would be a nightmare. Anyway, let's talk soon (now that we can!).

*Meg Larsen* said...

yeah we want to go camping but i just know that scotty won't be down with it--we're planning a trip with family to bryce canyon in august and i figure we'll just make him fall asleep in his carrier first!

as for YW, there are a ton of YW sites with ideas for things--my mom actually writes books and cds of young women music and programs like new beginnings and YW in excellence, as well as midweek activities and personal progress stuff that i think is great(and i'm picky!) she has some stuff posted online if you want more info:
http://jeannigould.com

Sarah said...

How fun to grow things! Little Azure walking is just wonderful. Thanks for sharing. And as for YW- congrats. How fun. I have no experience nor ideas, but that will be fun for you!

. said...

I love and MISS fireflies! They are so fun to catch.

Ashley said...

YEAH - YW!!! If you're in the 2nd Ward (which I'm pretty sure you are), PLEASE tell the girls I said HELLO!!! That was my first calling when I moved there and I've missed the girls ever since we left! Good luck, you'll LOVE it, I have no doubt about that. :)

Lizzie said...

I don't have any YW advice to share, i'm sorry to say, but it was good to read your experiences camping with Azure, because we're going to be camping out nights on our way to a family reunion, and i think it's going to be hard to get James to sleep properly with Mom and Dad. We'll see how it goes. :)