Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Day 4 & 5: Thurs and Fri, Hilo


On the way to Lava Tree State Park we drove on this beautiful road perfectly canopied by these trees.
Fun fact: a lava tree is a tree/plant/misc living object that has been covered by lava, awesome.

Palm trees growing on top of lava
Black sand beach

View from the top of Volcanoes National Park
The Mauna Loa macadamia nut factory. Apparently mac nuts are the hardest nuts to crack.
My favorite Charlie face, dimples and all :) Oh and a little more about this pic, it's at a restuarant where they had live music so I requested Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Iz since it's one of our wedding songs. When they played it Charles asked me if I wanted to dance! He doesn't like to dance but he knew I would. He's the best!Kiluea Volcano