Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 21, 2008

Misfortune

For those of you who haven't heard yet, we were the victims of a fairly serious hit-and-run accident this weekend. We are all OK. Azure had the least amount of injuries-just a small bruise on her neck from the harness. Deanna has a broken arm, a few stitches, a sprained knee, and various cuts and bruises. I have broken ribs, a large gash on my forehead, and a sprained ankle. Azure and I left the hospital over the weekend and Deanna was released today.

On Saturday, we were driving home after scavenging some garage sales down a residential street with two lanes. A car decided to pass on this street at a rediculous speed, putting them in our lane. I swerved to miss them and they swerved the same way I did, resulting in a head-on collision mostly on Deanna's side. The guys in the other car immediately ran, one of whom was chased down by a witness. An open alcohol container was found in their car. Deanna was trapped in the passenger seat and had to be cut out of the car. Azure was scared but well taken care by witnesses who held her and consoled her while we were getting Deanna out and being cared for.

Click here for the news spot on the accident


As you can imagine, things are difficult right now, but could have been much worse. We were very relieved that Azure was not hurt and feel very fortunate that we can all spend another day together. The Lord was watching over our little family and we thank Him for His protection.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

We were so sorry to hear about your accident and thankful that your lives were spared! We pray for your speedy recovery from your injuries and that everything can get back to as close to normal as possible soon.

Love,

Steven & Judy Hovey

Line said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this! I'm so glad Azure is ok and that you guys are recovering. You guys will be in our prayers!

Blake and Laura said...

We are thinking of your family and grateful that you guys are okay. We are praying for you!

Unknown said...

We are so sorry this happened. We heard on Sunday. We're glad you're all safe and hope you're have a quick recovery. We'll keep you in our prayers.

SHELLS BELLS! said...

Sorry to hear about the accident. Your family is in my prayers.

Stefani M. said...

How awful! Glad to hear everyone is going to be okay.

lori said...

You guys! That's terrible! You'll certainly be in our prayers! We hope your recovery is quick! How terrifying!

*Meg Larsen* said...

That is so scary! We are glad you are all okay and hope that you recover quickly...you're in our prayers.

Sarah said...

Skyler read your dad's email to me last night, & I just couldn't believe it. We are soooo glad you are all okay. We hope that recovery for all of you goes well. The Lord definitely watches over us. This is evidence of that.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your car accident! I know that the Lord was watching over and protecting all of you. Your accident brought back memories of when I was hit drivers side at a high speed by a drunk driver in 2005. For days and weeks after my accident I kept thinking about how I could have died from that accident-I would get choked up and I would think about how I was spared for a reason. I know you guys were too. We love you and hope you recover soon.

Angela & Robert

Martha said...

Wow! That is so scary. I'm really glad you guys are OK. After watching the news strip I realized that you were really protected. Let me know if I can do anything from afar!

Christine said...

Hey Angela sent me your link. She just said you were in a bad accident and I was scared. I'm so glad you guys are mostly OK. I'm sure the Lord is looking out for you and your family.

sandra said...

That is so scary!!! I'm so glad you are all okay. Please let us know if we can do anything for you.

adriandgreg said...

I cried when I watched that video and saw you holding your arm Deanna. I am so glad you are OK. The Lord was truly looking out for you and your family that day. It could have been worse looking at your car- man it was totaled. I will pray for you. I am just so glad you were alright. I love you!

Grant, Sarah, Edwin, and Leland said...

Wow, that is so sad what happened, reading your blog has brought tears to my eyes. I'm so sorry you guys are going through this. I'm also so happy you are all ok and that Azure is ok, that is so scary. It sounds like God truly has blessed your family and protected you. My prayers are with your family.

. said...

Dee!!! Charles and Azure! I am seriously almost crying right now, especially when I saw Dee on the stretcher w/the neck brace. What a horrible accident. I am so glad to hear that you are (relatively) okay. And thank the dear Lord for carseats. Azure must have had quite the experience, noticing that. I sure hope they catch the other drivers...I love you guys and you are in my prayers.

Just Me said...

Like Anne, I have tears in my eyes as well. I'm so grateful that you all survived such a horrible accident. That's one of my biggest fears with my children in the car. I hate that you were hurt, but am so grateful that Azure got the least of it. Hopefully they are able to catch the driver.

Unknown said...

Vengeance is Mine, saith the Lord.

However, if I ever find out who did this to you, I am going to borrow it for a day or so.

Jamie said...

WOW---I was wondering why your gmail thing said "It's hard to type with one hand." and now I know! I totally cried when I read your blog and watched the news report. I am so glad that the Lord watched out for your family. You have such a positive attitude. I hope you all recover very quickly and can have some peace of mind also with this whole ordeal. You all are in our prayers!

Catherine said...

Woah, Dee! That was a horrible accident. I seriously wish I could come give you a hug right now. That must have been so scary. I'm so glad to hear that everyone is alright for the most part. The Lord was seriously watching over your family. I will be praying for you!!