Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Signing Time

We introduced Azure to Signing Time around 7 months thanks to Lizzie who gave me the idea to rent the DVDs from the library. We are BIG fans. We also love the baby signing time CD b/c it entertains Azure in the car like nothing else will.

I am happy to report that Azure knows 5 signs: eat, more, ball, milk, and mama! Her new word, which started about 2 wks ago, is baby. She is learning the sign for that. She likes to say it over and over. She is so cute! We are so grateful that she was unharmed in the accident!
Her appetite is ever increasing but she's still only 17 lbs and still wearing 6-9 month clothes! An ocassional 12 month will fit.




7 comments:

Stefani M. said...

Don't worry so much about her weight. Haley was only 19 pounds at 1 year. Besides the clothes sizes are sooooo different depending on where you shop. (FYI, Haley, at 3, fits perfectly into some of Julian's 6-9 month shorts--though she regularly wears a 3T now.) There's a 10 month old in our ward who seriously looks only a few ounces away from being skin and bones--Azure looks way more filled out than her. Besides, it's always more important that their reaching their developmental milestones, rather than some arbitrary weight. Chalk it up to her loving vegetables and being so active! :)

*Meg Larsen* said...

yeah, scotty is the world's biggest foodie and I swear the kid NEVER stops eating! But he's barely 19 lbs and no rolls in sight, so I guess it's just an individual thing.

i *LOVE* baby sign language, though it took Scotty until like last week to actually learn things. He mostly signs "please" and "milk" and says mama and dada...so useful!

Mamie said...

well conversely, I can't get Lucy to eat a thing and she's still a robust 27 some-odd pounds. Kids are so individual.
As for signing time- I totally agree that it is the best. I can see that her twos are not going to be quite so bad b/c she's really learning to communicate lots through sign (and she's really talking alot as a result, I think).

Again, I am so happy you are recovering. That car was super scary. I hope the Lord will also help you get rid of the emotional/memory baggage that comes from such a traumatizing experience. You're in my prayers.

Sarah said...

She is so teeny still; how fun. So I have looked into Signing Times, and I really need to get on it. (I think they play it on tv here, so I can record it) Hope you are all doing well.

Just Me said...

Zach is 4 and still wears 2T tops and 3T shorts only for the length. They HAVE to be adjustable waist or its a no go! Don't worry my doc always told me when Zach was a baby you'd rather your child be on the small side of the scale instead of being over weight with the child obesity issues we have today!

. said...

I'm in the same boat as you. Ezra is still in the 10% for weight. And as much as the doctor (or other people) say don't worry, I still worry. But it's reassuring to know that as long as you provide food for the kid and give a variety of nutrients, eventually she/he will get what she/he needs. At one point I was afraid Ezra would grow up to be a skinny midget but the doctor said that as long as I put good healthy food choices in front of him, Ezra will reach his genetic potential. Right now he's in the picky 2-year old phase, so it's an additional challenge. I still have a low-grade anxiety over what Ezra eats, but I realize that as long as he's still pooping and peeing, I'm doing a good enough job!

About the signing, what a great idea! I should try it with #2, b/c we didn't do it w/Ezra.

Unknown said...

We LOVE Signing Time at our house. Will still watches them, and thanks to the 20+ they have out, Will can still learn new things. Will even watched Baby Signing Time still when I put it on for Kate.