I am definitely ready to be reunited with my dear husband. Tomorrow is 1 week since our parting and I miss him terribly. During the 2 yrs and 2 months we've been married the longest we've been separated is 2 days. When he flys in on Friday, it will almost be 2 wks. (I know I have nothing to complain about compared to military wives w/ deployed husbands)
I have appreciated the help of my family in taking care of Azure. It is not a pretty sight to change a poopy diaper one-handed. Yikes! I am ready to have this cast off! Let's hope for a week and a half left. It is a blue cast by the way. My sister is getting married Saturday and I'm the matron of honor. Her colors are blue and orange. Unfortunately my cast is not the same shade of blue. I'm sure gonna look great in these wedding pics: scratches, scars, scabs, bruises, cast, and all :) At least it's not MY wedding.
For the past couple months Azure has simultaneously sucked her thumb with one hand and twisted her hair with the other. Today instead of twisting, she decided to pull. Pulling large clumps of hair out of her head! Her hair has just recently started to grow longer, but if she keeps this up she won't have any hair left! Oh and guess what she did w/ her hair? She ATE it. I'm not sure if she really swallowed any but she surely put it in her mouth. "We do NOT pull our hair out and eat it Azure."




7 comments:
Oooh, ouch about Azure pulling her hair out. Haley's always twisted her hair, too. (Such a hard habit to break--it's been tamed though and she no longer creates knots we have to cut out and rarely gets her finger stuck in her hair anymore.) Too bad about being all bonked up for the wedding, too. Hope you feel better soon.
You have such a great sense of humor right now. Curtis and i were lauging at the comment about it's not "MY wedding" and Azure pulling out her hair. I hope you get better soon.
Gotta love the rules we make for our kids! "No hitting yourself Marian!"
I hope that Azure at least has some hair left for the wedding! Hope you've enjoyed your time with your family, even though it was without Charles. Hopefully we'll see y'all soon! Also, tell Charles that I hope he is looking into a Honday Odyssey. I've heard great things about them...HAHAHA!
Congrats Natalee!!! I probably misspelled her name, but I knew it had a unique spelling. Anyways I'm sure you will look gorgeous no matter what. I have a neice that did the suck and twirl thing. I don't have any advice though. Good luck with the whole pulling thing!
I think most little kids develop some wierd habits. Landon loves to pull on his ears when he drinks bottles and when he is tired. Sometimes he plays with them so much he cuts them with his figernails and it seems like he always has little scabs in them. Good luck with the hair thing!
Post a Comment