Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 18, 2008

Toddlerhood

Sometime during the last 2 wks Azure has become a toddler.
It is a strange concept to all the sudden realize your baby is not a little baby anymore.
She is quick to let us know when her opinions are different from ours. When she starts walking in an unsafe direction and we grab her hand to direct her another way, she lets us know that she is independent and doesn't want to hold our hands.
So, when we attempt to pick her up, she will lay down on the floor as to say, "Nope! I'm not moving."
Along with these new demonstrations of determination come inquisitiveness and the ability to soak things up like a sponge. A week or so ago she got ahold of my cell phone, held it to her ear (with her shoulder even) and said, "Hi!" Wow! Has she really witnessed me doing that enough that she's able to mimic that action completely? With the shoulder hold and everything? I was amazed.
(Zoom in on Azure's face for further proof that she is indeed Charles' daughter)

It's great that everytime we go to CA we get to have family reunions on both sides. Charles' parents came from ID to Tally's wedding too so we got to see them. And we also got to see Grandpa Leavitt and Claire again who were visiting from Hawaii.


If only looking out the airplane window had amused her longer than 5 mins. of our 8 hr flight back home.

5 comments:

Stefani M. said...

So sad to lose your "baby!" I know the feeling.

. said...

Ohhhh, toddlerhood. Laughter, joy, frustration, and tears. And that's just the mother's part! It's both a fun and difficult phase at the same time (at least it is for me.) Toddlers are exercising their autonomy, and yet they still need our help.

Line said...

I know exactly what you mean about Toddlerhood! Spencer mimics things we do too, which is so cute. He also has a mind of his own which sometimes, is NOT so cute. :)

Sarah said...

It's funny how they go from newborn to baby to toddler just like that. Enjoy it, though, for we know these times all go by so fast.

Just Me said...

I promise each stage gets more and more fun. As I'm repeating the baby stage I totally love it since B lets me hold and cuddle him, but at the same time I can't wait til he gets older so I can play with him more and more. It is so much fun to see how much our children learn with out our even realizing that they are learning from us. Yea for Azure for being such a smart girl!!