Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Why I love my husband

Not having the use of my left arm (still) makes me pretty dependent on others. I floss my teeth every night. I got about 13 (yes 13) cavities filled before Charles and I were married. I don't have the healthiest teeth, hopefully Azure will get her daddy's. Since those fillings I have been diligent in flossing my teeth every single night. I think I can count one 1 hand the times I haven't flossed in the past 2.5 years!

I obviously can't floss with 1 hand so Charles has flossed my teeth for me, which as my sister said when I asked her to do it while I was staying w/ her and my parents for 2 wks, "You really have to love someone to do this b/c it's gross." Apparently Charles really loves me :)

I also can not put my hair up or really style it in any way so again, Charles has come to my rescue. I'll be honest, it wasn't pretty at first and as he's never had to put a girl's hair up before he didn't have a clue in how to do it. I tried to explain the differences between a high and low ponytail, how to just pull the hair half way through, how to avoid bumps while putting it up, and how to use a clip and a hair tie. He has gotten A LOT better! So good in fact that I asked him to straighten my hair last night. We talked about the importance of sectioning off my hair and doing little bits at a time so that the hair could have maximum contact with the flat iron to avoid kinks and dents.So today at church one of my counselors in the YW asks, "Did you do something different to your hair? It looks really good!" A HUGE smile spread across my face and I said, "You'll have to make sure to tell my husband that b/c he did it." "Really?" She was surprised. So there you have it, Charles is developing his talents, so much that he's thinking of dropping out of Pharmacy sch and enrolling in "hair" school :) Watch out Paul Mitchell!
And we had to include this pic for Bonnie and Jonathan. Rest assured that he doesn't wear shirts like this in public!

19 comments:

MayoStix said...

If anyone is interested in shirts of the same caliber as the gem I'm sporting in these pix, give me a ring and I'll get you set up with a "lone wolf" or "eagle bear" faster than you can say Firebird.

Unknown said...

What a great husband! I forgot your blog went private, and didn't read it for a while, so I'm catching up a bit. I'm glad you're all doing all right and getting better. You guys are amazing, and we are so glad you were all right after what happened.

Stefani M. said...

How nice! Charles is certainly a good sport about things!

sandra said...

Woohoo, Charlie! You are a natural! Glad to hear you're both getting better. When does the cast come off?

We love you and miss you!

Bonnie said...

I LOVE the shirt, Charles! It goes nicely with the beard and floral wallpaper. Hopefully you won't have to be the sole flosser in the family much longer!

. said...

charles is such a good husband, he really loves you do floss ur teeth!

TaMara said...

LOVE the shirt! I'm glad that it made it to GA. Between your fashion sense and talent with hair...just kidding. That is really sweet to do Deanna's hair and teeth. Deanna-how long do you have to have the cast?

Line said...

That's too cute! Great job Charles!

Just Me said...

Sadly, I'm not quite sure what Tyler would do in this situation. What a man Charles is to step up and help you in your areas of need. Do you ever need him to lotion any unreachable areas?!? Ahh the love! Another trip down memory lane...I don't know how that memory popped in my head anyways!

Unknown said...

It sounds like you are cultivating a loving relationship that will surely last forever! I often allow Jason to pluck my eyebrows for me. It seems like nice time spent together and he now does a much better job than I do.

Grant, Sarah, Edwin, and Leland said...

That's awesome, I'm laughing right now. I love your blogs, and your comment Charles is great, Grant might have to take you up on hooking him up with a shirt. You guys are so much fun. We definitely miss hanging out with you guys.

Sarah said...

Way to go, Cuz! I need to come help you too, Deanna, so that I can learn to do hair.

Nick and Miriam said...

You are one dedicated flosser! I'm impressed that you wouldn't just write these weeks/months off as disibility and take a vacation from the chore...not YOU! You are certainly doing a great job keeping yor spirits up in such a tough situation. I pray that all goes well and quickly heals.

Aunt Tally said...

lol. u guys make me laugh. Dont forget to mention that i helped floss those chompers as well!

AmyB said...

That is true love. He probably doesn't want to pay for the cavities you might get if he doesn't floss your teeth! Love the hair story. Those will be funny memories for the future! Love the shirt and the beard too! Hurry and get that arm well so the man has some clean clothes to wear and isn't digging in the bottom of his drawer for clean clothes anymore! :)

adriandgreg said...

Man! I should ask Greg to do my hair. Maybe I can get a new look :) I am so glad you have such a wonderful husband to take care of you. I am glad you are doing better and still pressing forward even without a arm.

Wendy said...

Wow! He flat-ironed your hair?! I am SUPER impressed!!! I don't know if I"d trust BJ with a flat iron :).

Cassandra said...

Awe, what a sweet husband!

Layla said...

Maybe I should teach Brock how to do my hair or better yet have Charles give him some tips!