And speaking of curses and blessings- our accident has been both. Had we not almost died and got our car totalled we wouldn't have gotten a new car for free*.
I've had my cast off for 10 days! The first few days I could hardly move it at all and was sloughing dead skin cells off like a snake- pretty gross. Everyday I'm able to move it more and I am currently typing this post with BOTH hands! Hooray!
7 wks worth of dead skin cells
Another blessing is that we were able to go to the Columbia, South Carolina Temple last Saturday, which is our new temple. Oh, how I've missed the temple! It's so sad to be 2 1/2 hrs away but, we are glad that I'm healed enough to go now.
And yet even another blessing is that since Charles and I both have callings that keep us busy the 3rd hour of church, Azure has been accepted into the nursery, 4 months early. She loves it! As soon as we open the door to let her in she shrieks with delight and doesn't even look back at us. No separation anxiety for her!
I'm all ready for nursery, see ya!




8 comments:
Wow! I'm so glad you are healed and the cast is gone! YAY! I can't believe how big Azure's gotten (that seems like forever away for us, since ours is only the size of a grape!) Thanks for your comment on my "Big Decisions, Big Blessings" post...I really really appreciate your friendship and support, even from afar! I'm feeling pretty much still yucky (though mints do help), but it's all for a good cause, right? :) Take care!
Wow. Azure has changed in the few weeks since we last saw her. That's great that she enjoys nursery!
And I'm so glad things are getting better and that you have a new car. Even though I was rather fond of your old car.
Hey, I'm glad you guys are healing and things are working out--especially that you, Deanna, have use of BOTH arms now!!! By the way, Charles, that is another priceless shirt you are wearing!
glad to hear things are going good for you. I didn't know your arm was "that bad" (i.e. you have a scar.) Was the bone sticking out??? I am happy to hear that your cast is off. When I broke my arm, it was so wonderful to have the stinky cast off, but my arm looked all atrophied and skinny from not being in use for 6 weeks. I do have some scars, but they are from the Dr. shaving the cast off.
aw, i miss my cute little baby. She looks so cute in those jeans and that green shirt!
Yeah for 2-hand typing, the temple, and nursery--definitely 3 of my favorite things.
I'm so glad that you have your cast off and that you're doing pretty well. How nice to be able to go to the temple!! It's hard when you don't live 2 minutes away, lol. What kind of car did you guys get? Good luck getting the insurance stuff finalized and everything. That can be such a pain. You guys are awesome, just so you know. :)
I'm so happy to hear that things are looking up for you guys! How nice to have a temple so close by. I bet it feels so nice to have full use of both hands, too. Although, maybe you can still convince Charles to do your hair once in a while... :)
lova ya!
~Cath
Post a Comment