Azure is in a fun copy cat stage. At least I think it's cute for the time being. She is testing limits but, overall being pretty obedient. She likes following me into the kitchen when I'm cooking or doing dishes. She also has a strange fetish with the trash can upon entering the kitchen. She knows this is off limits (esp after eating scraps from the trash) so she'll look in my direction before touching it. I look at her and say, "No touching", while shaking my head. Then she'll copy me and say, "Nih, nih, nih" and shakes her head! Then I can't help but laugh b/c she'll walk off chanting this to herself while continuing to shake her head no. Even in her carseat hours after saying no about something she'll just start chanting, "nih, nih, nih" shaking her cute, little head.
It's finally cooled down a bit this week but usually we just have Azure sleep in a onesie b/c it's so hot. In the mornings after she wakes up, she plays in her crib for up to an hour before wanting to get out. One of her favorite pastimes is pulling at her diaper taking the "stuffing" out. Every morning we are greeted to this sight in her crib.
She even surprised me by going in her room last week and trying to crawl into her crib! And this week she signed sleep right before bedtime.
Probably the most precious thing she's done so far is folding her arms for prayer! If we even say the word prayer, she bows her head and folds her arms. I love it!
When she gets tired she starts sucking her thumb and will put her head down on us or the couch.
Ooooohhhhh!She also loves to go through mommy's legs especially when I'm in the kitchen.
Notice the smearage of blackberries on her head.
She is gaining some weight but it goes straight to her little pot-belly. She has a pair of 3-6 month jeans that she hasn't been able to wear b/c the waist is too big. Since it was somewhat cooler weather this wkend I thought I'd put pants on her and decided to try the jeans, thinking they'd for surely fit now. Nope!




10 comments:
Azure is absolutely adorable and it breaks my heart that i have to wait 6 whole months to see my precious niece again. Don't forget to tell her about aunt ta ta and that i love her so much. Miss u guys! the countdown begins...
I'm curious as to what brand those pants are, because (seriously) I've learned that some brands are fit better for short, chubby kids (like Faded Glory), and others are made for tall skinny kids (like Circo). Some for kids with no butts (like Old Navy), some for kids with butts (like Cherokee and Levi), and so it totally depends on the kids SHAPE as to what will fit them. I got some Faded Glory jeans at my baby shower with Julian, and while he fits fine in other 12 month pants, those were SO WIDE on him... like the picture of Azure with the pants falling off.
Anyway, she's a cutie copying you. So adorable. Hope the novelty of it fades slowly for you (because the copying keeps on for a LONG time... but it's fun).
yeah Scotty has that sort of pants look too, only I can't sew the waist in at all or i won't be able to get them over his solid thighs!
Cute! Spencer has "folded" (crossing is more like it) his arms a couple times, but we need to keep teaching him because he's not very consistent about it. He also loves the trash can, even though he knows he's not supposed to touch it!
Yah, I agree that imitation is cute...for me, it's STILL cute, even at 2 1/2 years. The one thing that gets annoying? The QUESTIONS!! :) But that's how kids learn, but imitation and asking questions.
yes yes, ticket to ride online :o) So tremendous! the URL is http://www.daysofwonder.com/tickettoride/en/
and you register to play online. If you own the game there is a code in the instruction sheet that lets you register, but you can register to play as a guest as well (you just can't start your own game).
Check it out but be warned--it's totally addicting.
She is so cute! And so grown up!
And Deanna, I appreciated your pro-marriage post. Thanks for raising such an important issue!
So much fun!!! All I can buy is pants or shorts with an adjustable waist. I'm still trying to figure out why they won't offer that feature on younger infant size clothing. I can totally relate!
Cute pictures and stories about Azure. I'm jealous that she'll play in her crib for an hour!
Cute girl! I love when Lance folds his arms for prayer too. It's amazing how young they can learn these things. But how important is it! I am glad you are doing well with your cute fam.
Post a Comment