Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Musically Inclined

Okay, most of you know I don't watch TV and neither do I get addicted to shows but I have been watching American Idol (not religiously though) mostly just because I like singing and performing. So, I've been thinking about what songs I would sing if I were on and here is my list.

Come on Eileen (Save Ferris version)
Does he love me I wanna know? (NOT the Cher version)
Bubbly, Colbie Caillit
I've got my love to keep me warm, Ella Fitzgerald
Who will save your soul, Foolish Games or You were meant for me, Jewel
Fotographia, Nelly Furtado and Juanes
Tell Him, Lauryn Hill
Fallin' or If I ain't got you, Alicia Keys
Any man of mine, Shania Twain

I'd like to know what songs you would sing?

17 comments:

MayoStix said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MayoStix said...

Revision, improved

I'll tell you-
Jukebox Hero-Foreigner

And then...
Elvira-Oak Ridge Boys
Can You Feel The Love Tonight-The Lion King (NOT Elton John)
Fire & Ice-Pat Benetar
Achy Breaky Heart-William Cyrus
Rock you Like a Hurricane-Scorpions
Symphony of Destruction-Megadeth
Rock and Roll McDonald's-Wesley Willis
The Crusher-The Ramones (Winner's Circle Version)
The Right Stuff-New Kids on the Block
Jesse-Grandmaster Mel Melle
Come out Fighting-Pennywise (Vandals Version)
Girl You Know it's True-Milli Vanilli
Ice Ice Baby(Hardcore, Korn imitation version)-Vanilla Ice
Popular-Nada Surf
Anything by Shaq-Diesel and the Fu-Shnickens
Fat-Weird Al
Chop 'em Down-Matisyahu
A Simple Text File-Man of Astroman?
Tastes Like Chicken-The Vandals
Hillary for You and Me-Unknown Idiots
Anything by Billy Idol, complete with "rocker arm" moves
Break Stuff(minus lyrics)-Limp Bizkit
Share the World-Michael Jackson
Islands in the Stream (Both parts)-Dolly Parton & Kenny Rogers
Anything by Chris Gaines
The American Idol theme song (imitation of rediculous space age sounds at the beginning of the show)
Anything by Def Leppard, no lyrics or music, just the image

And finally...
The Munsters Theme Song

and that's why if I were so brash as to enter the American Idol competition, I would blow all the competition literally out of the popularity water.

Just Me said...

I'd like to hear Charles sing Elvira and I'd love to hear William Cyrus's version of Achy Breaky. That was a crack up, William Cyrus.
And I would do anything LeAnn Rimes and although I enjoy a lot of powerhouse singers like Faith and Martina, I feel that there are some singers such as those that other people just shouldn't sing the songs of because you would never be as good. Whitney and Celine are the biggest two.
I think Deanna would blow them out of the water with her Save Ferris version of Come on Eileen. I still love them even though it's been a while since I've listened to that cd.

SHELLS BELLS! said...

Hey Deanna-this is Shelley. Come on Eileen would be a great song to sing. I am a Pat Benatar fan so I think I'd want to sing one of her songs if I was on Idol.

Aunt Tally said...

me and angel have american idol for wii. we will definately bring it when we come see u =)

. said...

you're my sunshine after the rain! (MMMMMMMM!) You're my cure against the fear and my pain (MMMMMMM!) You gotta represent 98 degrees! Remember those harmonizations? Man we were good.

lori said...

So when do we get the video of your audition??!
I'm dying to see you in action on these songs!!

Hope you guys are well!! How is the weaning going?

MayoStix said...

New additions:

Sometimes when we Touch-Dan Hill
Up Where we Belong (w/ Deanna)-Joe Cocker & Jennifer Warns

MayoStix said...

Oh Yeah-

The Waffle House Theme Song

MayoStix said...

The Pizza Bagel Bites commercial song

MayoStix said...

You're the Inspiration-Chicago (In honor of our former neighbors who tortured us nightly with bad duets of this already abominable song)

MayoStix said...

I Wanna Rock-Twisted Sister

Emily Wing Smith said...

Maria--from West Side Story

Any of Barry Manilow's countless classics

It's Still Rock n' Roll to Me--Billy Joel

And songs from commercials open up such great new territory. The song "Pop-Tart's Ode" regarding the now defunct Pop-Tart Crunch cereal is one of my favorites.

Deanna said...

These are great guys, I love it! Charles and I have sung a few of these kareokeing.
Anne you were the great one with those harmonies, I just sung the melody!
Thanks for sharing!

MayoStix said...

Danger Zone-Kenny Loggins
Take My Breath Away-Berlin
From Here to Eternity-Georgio Moroder
Maniac-Michael Sembello

Grant, Sarah, Edwin, and Leland said...

Deanna,
Your blogspot is great and very interesting I like the stats you took on the Azure look like poll. When are you going to Hawaii and how long, that's very exciting and I bet a little scary leaving Azure but good for you and Charles, lucky. Anywho, I have now made a blog for Grant and I so you should check it out. The site name is tnargandharas.blogspot.com
Check it out let me know what you think. Good luck with weening, one thing I heard a mother do; she put a bitter taste on her nipple so when the baby went to drink it decided it didn't want that anymore and wanted the bottle. But I'm sure whatever you do it sounds like you have help.
Sarah

Sarah said...

one of these days when I get caught up, this will be in my though process & appear on my blog with kudos to you. :)

p.s. I think we will see you next weekend!!