Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 17, 2008

Easter Week: Day 2, Cleansing the Temple

Here are some promised activities for today and some from yesterday since I didn't list any. These are mostly for preschoolers (since most of you don't have teenagers yet):


  • Go on a nature walk with your children. Instruct them to find a variety of objects that are significant to the Easter story. For example, have them find a branch to signify the palm branches cast in the Savior's path as he rode a donkey into Jerusalem; a thorn to represent the crown of thorns Jesus wore on his head; a piece of wood to signify the cross to which Jesus was nailed; a rock to represent the stone rolled away from the open tomb; and so on.


  • Choose both a Resurrection hymn and an Atonement hymn to learn during the week.


  • Make a story line of pictures to display on your wall, mantel, or bookshelf as a visual reminder of the Easter story. Each day add a new picture that corresponds with the events of that day; or display the entire Easter story in pictures at once. Try using pictures from the Gospel Art Kit or pictures from various issues of the Ensign.

2 comments:

lori said...

I'm so glad for these fabulous Easter ideas! I've been so excited for Easter this year and have wanted to make it a big deal- like Christmas always is! These ideas (and the book you mentioned) look wonderful! Thanks!!

Meredith said...

Wow, you've got a great memory! Brad told me he'd found our FHE lesson from a blog, but I hadn't seen it, and so obviously had not seen your picture or I probably would have spent hours racking my brain trying to think how I knew you, too! I love finding people that I haven't seen for years and discovering that they now have beautiful families and are doing such wonderful things with their lives! Coincidence... hardly!