Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Happy Birthday to Dee

This is a special post dedicated to the end of the festival of lanterns, which is to say, Deanna's birthday.

Reasons why we should celebrate Deanna's birth:

-She's a great friend. Deanna has a gift for making friends. She also has maintained many friendships that date back to olden times. She cares about, loves, and supports her friends, and I feel fortunate to be numbered among them.

-She has a keen sense of humor and she's quirky. I've shared many a hearty laugh with her and enjoyed unique things about her (see post "Quirky Tag" to see what I'm referring to).

-She's a mega-mom. Being a loving mother has come fairly naturally to Mrs. Lamadrid-Jensen. I find great joy and satisfaction watching her and Azure interact. She has sacrificed copious amounts of sleep and sanity on behalf of our infant.

-She lives her religion. Deanna believes in Jesus Christ and applies what He taught. She unabashedly tries to do the right thing and points to the perfect example with her actions.

-She loves, which makes her easy to love. I'm a lucky guy, what else can I say?

Not much, which is why I would like all of you to post your reasons to celebrate Dee's birthday. And I do mean all of you-especially those of you who fall under the "non-interactive blogger" category. This may be the most valuable present (monetary and otherwise) Deanna receives this year. Thanks and happy Deanna's birthday.

14 comments:

Stefani M. said...

Happy Birthday! Deanna is a great friend!

Just Me said...

I wanted to call you at 8 am this morning to wish you an oh so happy birthday. Other mornings I have called you and you haven't answered so I thought I would wait in case you were still asleep. This is probably your most exciting birthday yet since you are turning 27 your lucky number!!! Deanna is a great person because saying she keeps friendships that date back to olden times is an understatement. I wouldn't be surprised if she still called at least 20 people she went to high school with to wish them a happy birthday. That's one of my favorite memories of her! If she could remember she would be calling people she knew in the premortal! And of course Deanna is always up for having a good time. And I mean up litterally as in climbing on top of a table to sing and dance even if she's home alone! And Deanna is always respectful of others which is why she can't stand when others are disrespectful, i.e. pushing their chair into the table when they are done eating. I know Azure will grow up to be a great girl because she is being raised by one of the best. I love you Deanna Marie!!

Aunt Tally said...

well, since I am being forced to do this... jk. well, deanna is half of me. good, or bad...maybe a little of both. she is one of my closest friends and growing up she was like a mother to me. I know we definately have our differences, but she is my big sister. If anyone understands or can relate to me, it is her. I am grateful to have her as my big sister and one of my closest friends. I love u dee. Happy golden bithday!

Aunt Paula said...

Happy Birthday Deanna! I hope you have a wonderful day.

Love,

Aunt Paula

SHELLS BELLS! said...

I first met Deanna in college through my roommate and my roommates brother. Deanna has a great smile, is funny, and very friendly. Years later we reconnected when she walked into the condo where I live and we realized that my new roommate knew Deanna from college. Small world. Happy Birthday!

Emily Wing Smith said...

Wow, what do I love about Deanna? Where do I begin... I guess I'll start with the most recent, that she is tech-savvy and introduced me to google reader, invention of all inventions. Okay, actually I should start with the first time I met her, when we moved into F Smith Hall freshman year. She was so beautiful, and I thought, "this girl is so pretty, no way she's smart, too," but then after just a few minutes she was cracking me up with her wit and humor and I was like "unfair! You can't be this good looking and smart and funny to boot." J/K, I did not really think that because Deanna is too loving and giving to be jealous of. Like trying to be jealous of Strawberry Shortcake. If, for some reason, you were inclined to be jealous of Strawberry Shortcake. Anyway, Dee is a great friend and a #1 person in my book. Happy Birthday, and CHAPEAU!

TaMara said...

Happy Birthday from the Micro Lab! Hope you like your, wait, Charles might not have given you your gift yet. Enjoy your day!TaMara and Bonnie

MayoStix said...

Did I mention the fact that she's gorgeous? Sparkly blue eyes and curly brown sicilian hair, shoot boss!

lori said...

Happy Birthday Deanna! I am also grateful to count you among my friends! I have always admired your ability to interact kindly and comfortably with people -you have a beautiful way of making others feel at ease.
I appreciate the insightful thoughts and the testimony of Christ and of motherhood that shine through your blog posts and your life.

Hope you had a wonderful birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy golden birthday to a truly golden girl! you are an amazing woman, mother. You make daddy and i very proud.
Luv u soooooooooooo much!

Sarah said...

I just think Deanna is great. I am so glad my cousin married a great gal who posts comments on my blog, among other things. Happy b-day!!!

Jamie said...

Deanna is a fabulous person and has been a great friend and sounding board. :) I really feel blessed to know her and wish her a very happy birthday (even though it's a few days late) :)

. said...

dee! i love ya! happy golden 27 bday!!

Tango said...

I too love Deanna and miss her! I agree with Charles-- she is awesome and making, keeping, and being a great friend! Happy Late Birthday.
Angela P