I had a wonderful day. I went to the gym (which has become a tradition now for the past 10 yrs or so), had a Jamba Juice, spent time with Charles' parents and then went out to dinner with them, and then had time alone with Charles while they babysat. I can count on one hand the times we've been able to go out w/o Azure so we greatly appreciate it!
Tick-um is Azure's word of the week. The week before that it was Dum. I thought she was trying to say Twinkle because I sing Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star to her every time I change her diaper (there's a giraffe that plays the tune right next to her changing table). But then after saying, "Tickle, tickle," to her as I tickled her she said it again and I realized she was trying to say tickle. Tick-um. We've got to get that on video b/c it is so cute. She says it with so much determination.
We've received so many blessings this last month. Azure has FINALLY accepted a bottle in her 9th month of living! This calms my troubled mind that she will be able to survive w/o me on our Hawaii trip. This is the answer to many heartfelt prayers. Something so simple testifies once again that the Lord is aware of all our needs. He ALWAYS has our best interest in mind, always.
The April Ensign (the church magazine) is a complete gem! I've almost read the entire thing. It has so many great articles. We got it in the mail on my birthday, so I feel it was like a birthday present :) The words "Ask and ye shall receive" have been on my mind for the past week or so. Two articles specifically talked about this principle in the Ensign. This one is about journal writing and in discussing the blessings received from writing, the author says, "I have discovered that many of my righteous desires are eventually fulfilled." Going through my old journals, I can say the same. The Lord always desires to bless us, in His timing, and in the way that is best for us. Which brings me to the next article. This one is about nurturing children and the last story is what particularly touched me. This woman talks about a blessing she felt was being with held from her, but in receiving it years later she realized how much she had learned and the amazing perspective she gained during the waiting period. Every single thing that is important to us is important to the Lord, even a baby taking a bottle so her parents can go to Hawaii without her.




8 comments:
what a cute word! Is this her first? She is really advanced! I love this month's Ensign too...it is like receiving a gift when you get it in the mail. By the way dee, your picture in your bday post was BEAUTIFUL!
so she took the bottle? what was in it?
That is great that she took the bottle. I love her bunny booties!! Very cute!
Yeah for being able to go to Hawaii worry-free! Well, at least about her eating:) You'll still worry about her while your gone.
I am going to have to get into this month's Ensign. I am still working on March's! (We got it late) So happy that you get to go to Hawaii baby-free.
I am going to have to get into this month's Ensign. I am still working on March's! (We got it late) So happy that you get to go to Hawaii baby-free.
I like the one you picked!!
Yay! I'm glad that she's learned the fine art of bottle drinking and that you and Charles will be free to go enjoy yourselves.
Post a Comment