I love it because it is in the spring and I so look forward to spring after a cold and dreary winter (esp in UT).
I love it because it symbolizes the Savior's Resurrection and the hope of new life.
I love it because Easter is always close to my birthday (I've even had Easter fall on my birthday a few times and I was set apart as a missionary on Easter Sunday 2002).
I love it because there are tulips everywhere on Easter and I love tulips!
There has been a lot of discussion on how to make both Christmas and Easter more Christ-centered. With that in mind I found this wonderful book last year:
I bought it for $10.78 at Sam's Club. (They may have it at WalMart for that price too, the UT WalMarts that is :) It is worth every penny. So many wonderful
activities for children. Last Easter Charles and I put together an Easter skit with 6 of our nieces and nephews. They loved it, we loved it!Definitely a new family tradition!
We also read the Easter story in plastic eggs as we ate our Easter dinner. I HIGHLY recommend buying this book!
Here is a brief preview of some day-by-day activities to celebrate Easter week:
Day 1-Palm Sunday, Jesus' Triumphal Entry. Scripture reading: Matthew 21:1-11; Mark 11:1-11; Luke 19:28-44; John 12:12-36.
Day 2-Monday, Cleansing the Temple. Scripture reading: Matthew 21:12-18; Mark 11:12-19; Luke 19:45-48.
Day 3-Tuesday, Parables and Teachings. Scripture reading(spread out over the next 2 days): Matthew 21:19-26:16; Mark 11:20-14:11; Luke 20:1-22:6; John 12:37-50.
Day 4-Wednesday, Rest in Bethany.
Day 5-Thursday, The Last Supper and Jesus' prayer and Agony in Gethsemane. Scripture reading: Matthew: 26:17-75; Mark 14: 12-72, Luke 22:7-65, John 13:1-18:27.
Day 6-Friday, Jesus' Trial and Crucifixion. Scripture reading: Matthew 27:1-61; Mark 15:1-47; Luke 22:66-23:56, John 18:28-19:42.
Day 7-Saturday, The Jewish Sabbath. Scripture reading: Matthew 27:62-66; Luke 23:56.
Day 8-Easter Sunday, Jesus' Resurrection and Appearances. Scripture reading: Matthew 28:1-15; Mark 16:1-12; Luke 24:1-49; John 20:1-23.
Okay, that's just the scripture reading but maybe I will post some activities everyday this week.
Happy Palm Sunday!
I bought it for $10.78 at Sam's Club. (They may have it at WalMart for that price too, the UT WalMarts that is :) It is worth every penny. So many wonderful
activities for children. Last Easter Charles and I put together an Easter skit with 6 of our nieces and nephews. They loved it, we loved it!Definitely a new family tradition!We also read the Easter story in plastic eggs as we ate our Easter dinner. I HIGHLY recommend buying this book!
Here is a brief preview of some day-by-day activities to celebrate Easter week:
Day 1-Palm Sunday, Jesus' Triumphal Entry. Scripture reading: Matthew 21:1-11; Mark 11:1-11; Luke 19:28-44; John 12:12-36.Day 2-Monday, Cleansing the Temple. Scripture reading: Matthew 21:12-18; Mark 11:12-19; Luke 19:45-48.
Day 3-Tuesday, Parables and Teachings. Scripture reading(spread out over the next 2 days): Matthew 21:19-26:16; Mark 11:20-14:11; Luke 20:1-22:6; John 12:37-50.
Day 4-Wednesday, Rest in Bethany.
Day 5-Thursday, The Last Supper and Jesus' prayer and Agony in Gethsemane. Scripture reading: Matthew: 26:17-75; Mark 14: 12-72, Luke 22:7-65, John 13:1-18:27.
Day 6-Friday, Jesus' Trial and Crucifixion. Scripture reading: Matthew 27:1-61; Mark 15:1-47; Luke 22:66-23:56, John 18:28-19:42.
Day 7-Saturday, The Jewish Sabbath. Scripture reading: Matthew 27:62-66; Luke 23:56.

Day 8-Easter Sunday, Jesus' Resurrection and Appearances. Scripture reading: Matthew 28:1-15; Mark 16:1-12; Luke 24:1-49; John 20:1-23.
Okay, that's just the scripture reading but maybe I will post some activities everyday this week.
Happy Palm Sunday!




6 comments:
Are you the Relief Society President now?
That wasn't at all meant to be sarcastic. After reading my comment again, I realize it didn't really get my idea across. The point was meant to be that you are inspiring. sheesh.
Just wanted to say thanks...I am a member of the church in Oregon and was looking online to see if I could find a list of scriptures broken down day-by-day for the last week of Christ's mortal ministry. Your blog was #2 on the list (a link to Deseret Book for the book you mention was #1). So, I used Monday's scriptures for my FHE lesson. Thanks for sharing!
thanks for the scriptures. what a wonderful idea, i'm going to use them with ezra.
I'm so glad people are using these! Anne, let me know how your activities with Ezra go :)
Hey Deanna, when is your birthday? I don't want to miss that!! Your thoughts about Easter and the Savior are great.
Post a Comment