I thought we were in the clear for passing up all the winter sicknesses, but alas Azure caught something sometime last week (or the week before). I guess that happens when you stick EVERYTHING that you see in your mouth.
Fortunately it's nothing serious like RSV, it's just your common cold: fever, runny (and i do mean runny) nose, a slight cough, and crazy knot-like lymph nodes. So, as you can guess weaning hasn't been going very well since I need to keep her hydrated and she's still having issues drinking out of the cup. And I also didn't want to deny her extra antibodies to fight off the virus.
I realized after holding her for an extended period of time that she

Fortunately it's nothing serious like RSV, it's just your common cold: fever, runny (and i do mean runny) nose, a slight cough, and crazy knot-like lymph nodes. So, as you can guess weaning hasn't been going very well since I need to keep her hydrated and she's still having issues drinking out of the cup. And I also didn't want to deny her extra antibodies to fight off the virus.
wiped off her snot on my shirt and I found several scratch marks
on my chin and neck from "frusterated sick attacks". You gotta love this!
All in all she hasn't been TOO irritable and has been having fun learning to climb up the stairs and continues to pull herself up onto everything.

Close up of those two teeth, she still just has those bottom two.




6 comments:
oh, her poor little eyes look sick. I hope she is better by the time aunt tally gets there cuz i wanna play!!!
ohhhh, the puffy little sick eyes!! so sad, and yet still so cute. Did she bonk her head?
Oh, I hate it when babies are sick! It's so sad! Good thing it's nothing serious, and she'll be over it soon. Sorry it interrupted your plans--but isn't that what babies do? :)
Sorry that she is sick. Hopefully it isn't long lived and she gets better soon!
You have such a good memory! James' birthday is on tuesday and, poor baby, he's sick just in time for it too. I really can't believe it's been a year, either!
Poor little Azure! I agree with Aunt Tally; her eyes are what give away her sickie-ness. Sick babies are so sweet and pathetic--and exhausting! I hope you're feeling ok yourself.
does this really work?
Post a Comment