Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Baby Vince

All of you who voted boy were...........................................RIGHT!

Of course I cried throughout the entire ultrasound. As soon as I saw the cute little face, and arms, and legs, I just knew it was Vince. His name will be Vincenzo, named after my great grandfather who died in a fire saving my grandmother's life. (That's who the Generations Project episode is about). We'll just call him Vince for short. His middle name is still being debated.
We took Azure and she was riveted the whole time, just staring at my tummy covered in "lotion" and at the screen watching her baby brother. Now, that we know it's a boy Azure is referring to him as "Baby Vince". It's so cute to hear :)

I had a feeling it was a boy and have had that in mind for quite some time now so, I'm glad my "motherly instinct" was right. Though I wouldn't have minded if it were a girl again either. But now, we can rest assured that we will at least have one of each. We are grateful for another miracle to add to our family.

19 comments:

purplehill said...

Congratulations Deanna & Charles!!!

Love,

Aunt Paula & Family

Kassi said...

How fun. I wish I had a "motherly instinct"! I am completely jealous of those who have a feeling and get it right. Thanks for sharing--it is so fun to see those sweet ultrasound pictures.

Line said...

Congrats! Boys are so much fun. :)

Stefani M. said...

Looks like you're following in my footsteps! LOL. Definitely takes the pressure off having one of each. (Doesn't everyone want at least one of each?)

mary said...

What an exciting time for you and your Family! :) Boys are wonderful and add something to the family, as do girls of course. But I couldn't be more excited or happy for you - SO exciting! That's so fun azure got to see the whole thing and calls him by his name already - so cute! :)

Melissa said...

Woo hoo! Congratulations!

SHELLS BELLS! said...

Congrats and I love the name!

Blake and Laura said...

Congratulations! We want a boy next too. Yay! Hope your pregnancy is going well.

Sarah said...

Wahoo! A little boy will be such a fun addition. And I must confess that I love the name. Can't wait to see this little guy. I hope you are feeling well.

Erin said...

Congratulations, Charlie and Deanna! (Charlie, we haven't taken any of our boys to a monster truck rally yet. Is that wrong?)

CHUCK said...

Erin, there really is more than one way to skin a cat, so long as the skinning involves explosions and noise. Firearms are adequate in meeting the loud destructive explosion requirements for XY configured small humans.

Michelle said...

Yay! There's something special between mommy's and their sons....I'm so happy for you!

Bonnie said...

Congrats you guys! I bet he's already looking forward to that monster truck rally/miscellanious explosion fun. (If my dad took me to a monster truck rally when I was 6, does that mean he secretly hoped I was a boy?)

Unknown said...

I love the name and the reason for choosing it. Congratulations!

Layla said...

Congrats to you! What a lovely way to honor your grandpa!

Martha said...

Congrats on a boy! I wish I was as decisive as you are with naming my babies--it's always so hard for me!

Just Me said...

Congratulations!! And welcome to the world of boys.

Wendy said...

Congratulations! That's so neat about naming him after your great-grandfather. I've yet to develop that motherly instinct in knowing what my kids will be. I'm 0 for 2!

Jamie said...

Wow....I read this post forever ago, but I got choked up again. Babies really are such a blessing. I love that connection that a mother feels with her child from the beginning, and it's wonderful that technology allows us to "meet" them sooner than birth! Kinda fortifies the connection that will only intensify after birth.