Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 21, 2009

What's been going on...

Azure has been a real treat the last few weeks. Her verbal skills (vocab and articulation) are getting even better. Sometimes she says "yetters" instead of "letters". I made it a point to teach her to pronounce the "L" and now when she says it, she exaggerates the "L" sound and tries to make eye contact with me when she says it, as if to say, "See? I'm saying it right now."

She has also impressed me by knowing almost all of the lyrics to "I am a Child of God", all 3 verses I might add. And "I Love to See the Temple". I'm impressed.

Charles has been getting her up in the mornings before he leaves for class. She likes to jump in bed with me and roll and jump around. I tell her to "be careful with baby Vince in mommy's tummy." Apparently I tell her that a lot. On Saturday, somehow either I or she hit her own tummy. As she clutched her tummy she said, "Hurt my baby Vince."
"You hurt your tummy?"
"Yes. Hurt my tummy and baby Vince."

She continued to hold her stomach as I buckled her into the carseat. I heard her whisper, "It's okay Vince." She will be such a sweet big sister!
She looks forward to our weekly football games. Every Saturday she wears her BYU Cougar shirt and talks about "Cougar football games," and says, "Cougar time!" Once last week in our bedtime prayer she thanked Heavenly Father for "cougar football". Charles and I couldn't help but, open our eyes and laugh!

She also looks forward to going to church every Sunday. We only live about 1/2 a mile from our church building, so we frequently pass it while running other errands. She always yells out, "Church! Nursery!" when we see it. After sacrament meeting on Sundays, as if on cue with the post-lude music, she says, "Nursery!" She sometimes even cries when we come to pick her up from nursery, though she's been in there for 2 hrs. I hope she's always this excited to go to church :)

6 comments:

Aunt Tally said...

She is so cute and so funny. I love my baby girl

Stefani M. said...

She is such a crack-up. And I hope, too, that she'll always want to go to church/nursery/Primary... but there's no guarantees... classes change, kids move, teachers leave--it can be rough on the little ones, so enjoy it while it lasts

(Haley loved nursery, but didn't like Sunbeams, and it didn't help that there was a different teacher every week... then they called me... now she's just crazy because Mommy's in there... avoid teaching your own kid's class at all costs!!! LOL)

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness! What a cutie pie... that little Azure is something else. And I know she will make a great big sister.

mary said...

Azure is one sharp, adorable, cute little girl! :) She's going to be a great big sister.
That's so great she gets so excited for Church! I love that Haylee gets so excited for Nursery as well, it makes me happy to think that she can go and socialize, and learn!

Kassi said...

I love hearing the funny things she says via your blog!

Grant, Sarah, Edwin, and Leland said...

Good stories, your daughter is sooooo cute. I love the "L" story and that she prayed for "cougar football" it really cracked me up.