Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Fortune

I went yesterday and salvaged what I could from our car. It was an emotional experience as I was once again reminded how close we came to leaving this life. We feel like the Lord has left us here for some purpose, that we have something more to accomplish for His sake in this life.

Fortunately, the door and windshield were not inside the car while we were in it. The roof was cut off later, too.


Deanna's airbag


My airbag


Everything on my side of the car had blood on it. Headwounds bleed ALOT.




These next two are of Deanna's side of the car, which was smashed in so that she was trapped in the car.


The jaws of life were employed to get her out of this mess.




The clothes I was wearing. I think the guys who hit us should all have been wearing this shirt.







God is very real my friends.

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Yes. Miracles do happen. Everyday. We are sooo glad you are alright.

Just Me said...

Thank God for the invention of airbags!! I hope you are continuing to recover quickly.

Wendy said...

Oh my goodness! That made me sick to my stomach looking at those pictures! I'm so glad you are all okay and hope you recover quickly.

Unknown said...

I am shocked. I'm glad you are still alive and (relatively) unharmed.

. said...

oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh! Deanna, it's a miracle you were able to be pulled out of that thing. Where the heck did your legs go? With all that metal pushing up on your side, I am truly AMAZED that you are alive and well. And in the back seat, was the ceiling touching Azure? It looks so low from all the pictures. Charles, all that blood...I'm just glad you are okay. Obviously Heavenly Father has preserved you for a great purpose. You are truly blessed - because from looking at that car, it was miracle you guys are okay.

Aunt Tally said...

I am SO angry when I look at these pictures!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you guys are ok and alive. My whole family has been praying for you guys and a quick recovery. If there is anything we can do to help y'all or something to pray for, don't hesitate to let me know!!

Stefani M. said...

Wow! When you described the injuries, I had no idea the car would look like THAT! Seriously, that's the kind of car you see smashed on the highway and people are being life-flighted away in critical condition! All I can say is WOW! (Actually, when I saw the pics, I first thought... oh, man... were they in another car accident?!) So thankful you guys are okay.

Mamie said...

oh.my.goodness.
I don't even have words. I hope those kids get what's coming to them- actually, I just hope they realize they are not invincible. I can't help but feel angry at such reckless behavior.
What a scary almost-tragedy. I could cry. I am SO thankful that you are going to be alright, and especially that your sweet Azure is fine.

grr. I have issues with young drivers...