Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 21, 2008

A year ago today...

Wow. It is crazy that Azure was born a year ago today. Charles and I have learned so much this past year and have grown in many ways. What a blessing she is in our lives. Though we were thrilled to welcome her into our family, the actual day of her birth was a hard one for me and somewhat devastating as all of my plans for the birth failed. You can read some of that story here. I'm grateful that the Lord allows us to learn humility when we need it and remember that He always has our best interest in mind, regardless, or especially, when we pass through trials and disappointments.
And we have nothing but JOY as a result of all of that as we celebrate this special day! She has grown so much:


Almost looks like two different babies!

There she is growing out of her infant car seat, good thing her new one is on it's way in the mail.

I love children's natural excitement for the simple things in life. It helps me put things into perspective. Azure is SO happy to splash in the pool and in her bath tub. She gets SO excited to see animals: birds, squirrels, cats, dogs.
Every day would be that much better if we could see the world through the eyes of a child and be filled with wonder, amazement and gratitude for every living thing.

"Yea, all things which come of the earth, in the season thereof, are made for the benefit and the use of man, both to please the eye and to gladden the heart" (Doctrine and Covenants 59:18).

She has a newfound joy in climbing in and out of boxes.



And her toy box



I love this pose (above)! What are you doing Cubby?


And there you have it, the cutest baby that ever was and ever will be :) We thank the Lord for this wonderful opportunity and blessing to have Azure in our lives. Happy 1st Birthday sweetie!

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Happy Birthday Azure!!! I'm glad you are having a super time in Georgia. And... is that a petri dish box???

Just Me said...

Happy Birthday!! Oh the wonders of a box. The first birthday and first or second christmas the children always love the paper and the boxes more than the toys!

Aunt Tally said...

I'm so sad I cant be with her on her birthday. It makes me want to cry. I miss u guys so much. Cant wait to see u in august

. said...

YAY! Azure is such a sweet angel baby! I cannot believe she is already one. SHe must bring you so much joy, I can see how her face lights up for the camera. Thanks for sharing your birth experience. I bet it was a rough way to start, but like you said, Heavenly Father loves us and Has our best interests in mind (even if we have no idea what those are!) I have thought a lot about that too, how the Lord has a perfect plan for us, even if we don't see it.

I miss you guys. I hope you are settling down well in Georgia.