Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 25, 2008

Who woulda thought?

On Friday Charles and I went snowboarding at Sundance, up Provo Canyon. We both haven't gone much so we weren't sure how well we'd do. Actually that's an understatement, I at least, thought that I would be horrible judging on my past experience. But, we wanted to go since we both had never been in UT (to an actual resort w/ a lift) and have lived here for almost 9 years now and with our upcoming move to hot and humid Georgia we knew it was either now or never (practically). I had been checking the extended 10 day forecast to plan a day to go right after a snow storm so there would be good snow. It was supposed to snow all day Thursday so I thought Friday would be a good day to go. Turns out it didn't snow at all on Thursday so I was a little skeptical of how good the snow would be up there. Friday it started raining down here but once we got up the canyon it turned into snow and actually snowed almost 4 inches while we were up there which made for nice powdery snow :)
Once we got on the lift we were unsure of where to get off. We accidently missed the first stop and kept going higher up the mountain and I became quite nervous that I wasn't ever gonna be able to get down. Gratefully we got off at the next stop. Fell off I should say. The first time down was kinda rough. We both fell about 20 times. Charles explained to me how I could slow myself down without falling. Upon trying his technique I figured it out! After that I only fell about 3 more times and was doing pretty dang good! This was absolutely shocking because I am usually not good at stuff like this. The last time I tried wake boarding I couldn't even get up! So, I tell Charles to take a picture of me tearing it up and then we discovered that the batteries had died. So, I have no photographic evidence of my newfound skills :(
A BIG thank you to Ruth for watching Azure while Charles and I enjoyed our new favorite winter activity.

5 comments:

Lizzie said...

We went skiing the other weekend at Alta, and it was so fun! We also had never been skiing in Utah and wanted to do it before we left. :) I'm chicken about snowboarding--it sounds like you guys mastered it and had a great time!

Just Me said...

Sounds like a blast!! You didn't remember all that was taught to you by eh hem you know who?!? I'm glad you and Charles had fun and what memeories you will enjoy for a long time. It's like going on vacation without going anywhere. And yea for Auntie Ruth!! Isn't it nice when you can leave your child in the hands of such a trusting person. It makes your outing that much more enjoyable!

Deanna said...

Hmmm, seems like I'm forgetting something. Who?

Just Me said...

I must be making things up. I thought someone took you once.

Martha said...

I haven't checked blogs in forever. It's fun to catch up. I love the Valentine's story. I'm the same--always start complaining in my mind and then Adam does something amazing!