Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, February 15, 2008

I have the best husband in the world!

Yet another post about my darling husband. I just can't help but post this...
We had been planning a romantic dinner at home for Valentines Day and putting Azure to bed early. Since she's been crawling, the right way I might add now, it was hard getting the dinner prepared before Charles got home from work. And of course when he did get home he was tired and took a nap and I became quite anxious and began to lament in my mind how our romantic dinner wasn't going to be so romantic after all especially after pulling Azure away from the space heater for the 50th time!
And I also complained that we did not have a table (we have a bar with stools) which I wanted for the dinner so that I could actually sit across from him and look at him while we ate. He said that he'd think of something...

So, we started on the dinner together and Charles made our delicious salmon while I fed Azure some peas. Then we gave her a bath to get ready for bedtime. While I was nursing her to sleep I noticed that the kitchen light turned off. "Hmm," I thought maybe he was conserving electricity since he was going upstairs.
So, with Azure sound asleep I walk down the hallway to find a makeshift dinner table made from our coffeetable hoisted up by 2 stools! Atop that: a vase filled with tulips (my fave by the way, as most of you know), a lit candle and our masterpiece dinner! And our favorite love songs playing in the background. Then I found Charles sitting at the bottom of the stairs decked out in one of my favorite shirts and ties anticipating my arrival. I could have melted right there! I should have known that he really would think of something for the table, it was absolutely PERFECT!

I am the luckiest, most blessed girl to have the greatest husband in the world!

Oh and for dessert we had chocolate raviolis courtesy of Giada, you must try these, they are divine!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Awww....

Lizzie said...

We aren't sure where we want to end up, but Colin came back talking about how much he loved the campus and the professors were really laid-back and it seems like a great place....so we'll see!

i just got a couple of books about baby sign language and checked out "Baby Signing Time" dvds from the library; that's how we're teaching him. We're not very organized about it, but if a few stick, that's better than nothing!

Just Me said...

That sounds like a very sweet evening. What a Valentine's to remember! Way to go Charles! (I'm sure that if Tyler were to read this he would be upset that you are making all the other husbands look bad.)

lori said...

How fun! So glad you had a romantic evening (that's hard to pull off with a little on in the house!)