Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 3, 2008

27th Annual Festival of Lanterns

Well, it's that time of year again where we dust of the papier-mache and decorate our lives for three months of non-stop celebration. Each year from January 4th to March 27th, we celebrate what is quickly becoming an international sensation, that's right, THE FESTIVAL OF LANTERNS! This year's festivities could be the most extravagant to date. Perhaps the most telling aspect of the festival is the consumption of meat and/or cake, coupled with recitation of Indian lore. Please, let us know what you have planned for this year's festival!

7 comments:

lori said...

you guys are too much fun! And I laughed and laughed at your comment on our blog =)

Thanks for coming over - we had a great time!

Sarah said...

hm... please enLIGHTen me about said Annual Festival of Lanterns.

Deanna said...

The Festival of Lanterns is a celebration where Charles and I are the same age. Right now we are both 26 but on March 27th I will turn 27 and the Festival of Lanterns will come to a close.

MayoStix said...

The Festival of Lanterns is more than just a celebration-it's a way of life, an attitude that can be seen in the way you carry yourself.

Aunt Tally said...

u guys r a bunch of cheeseballs!

Just Me said...

I did recognize that the festival ended on your birthday, but wasn't quite sure what all the Hoopla was about. I made cupcakes on Saturday. Let's say it's in honor of that. Zach picked ducks as the paper part and wanted them topped with pink icing. Does that fit the theme? Yea for Charles getting older!! Happy Festival of Lanterns to both of you!

Sarah said...

thanks