Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 4, 2010

"I've got a crush on you sweetie pie...

...all the day and night-time hear me sigh. The world will pardon my mush, 'cause I got a crush, my baby on you!" (Name that tune :)

No surprise but, I've got a crush on this little sweetie who turned 4 months yesterday.

4 month facts
  • Still sleeping about 11 hrs straight at night, haven't had to get up to pump for 4 wks now. (Though I still have random burning sensations under my left armpit. I think I have some permanent nerve damage there. Has this happened to anyone who's had mastitis?)
  • He won't fall asleep for the night until about 10pm. 9pm is the earliest. His bedtime routine takes about 2 hrs. 30 mins of playing, 30 mins of bath and massage, and about an hr feeding; usually at least 2 times on each side.
  • He's started reaching out to grab things more and more. Sometimes he gets it, sometimes he misses.
  • Does this sound that sounds like he's gasping for air. Really can't describe it, but it's clearly his own. I haven't ever heard another baby do it. You can hear for yourself:
  • Still squeaking in his sleep, though a little less than when he was a newborn. Today at his checkup the Dr. said that she thinks he has some excess tissues inside that cause the squeaks.

  • Teething like crazy. When he's awake he has to have something in his mouth or his isn't too happy. He hasn't been drooling hardly at all though compared to Azure at this age.
  • Looks like a sucker fish with his mouth open all day. I take advantage of the cute open mouth kisses as much as possible :)
  • Watches me take a drink from a cup and squeals like he wants some.
  • Weighs 14 lbs 8 oz and is 25 inches long.
  • Is too big for the bassinet as of a week and a half ago so, we converted it to the pack and play. I'd really like him to be in the crib but, there's no way he'd get any sleep if he shared a room with Azure.
Azure is still so good with him and makes him smile and laugh constantly. Seeing these two play together warms my heart!






Spit bubbles

Okay so funny story: Vince's eczema had flared up so bad that it was oozing and looked like an open wound. I called the on-call nurse to see if I could put hydrocortisone on it. Because it has steroids in it I'm always afraid of using it too much. She wanted to make sure he didn't have an infection so she told me to take his temperature rectally. Now, at this point in my career as a mother I have never yet taken a temperature rectally. I never did it on Azure b/c I thought it was too gross and I thought it would hurt her and/or make her very uncomfortable. I asked Charles to do it. He asked me to hold his legs. He inserts the thermometer, and Vince lets out some air. We look at each other and chuckle a little and then this happened:
Sorry if this is too graphic or crude for some. But, we thought it was hilarious! No fever here!

5 comments:

The Bock Family said...

Totally hilarious! I haven't done it rectally either....I just can't do it!!

Aunt Tally said...

Love all the pics and videos. Well, I could've done without that last pic...

Unknown said...

Ha Love the temp taking story. And the last video of Azure making Vince squeal was so cute. It's moments like this that prove to mothers that their kids are meant to be here, "men are that they might have joy".

Bonnie said...

Both of your children are freakin cute! I love all of Vince's adorable noises.

Cassandra said...

Ha ha, that's too funny. They are so cute! I love Azure's curly hair!