Thursday, May 20th was our 4 yr anniversary. No Hawaii or dinner cruise this year. With each year and each child, it seems that our extravagant celebrations become less and less. But, we still had a celebration and it was a great anniversary.
To start out, Charles and I made breakfast together. Crepes and strawberries. We usually don't have breakfast together so it was nice.
Azure and Vince both napped at the same time which allowed me to get a nap in. I woke up and realized it was their anniversary present to me. What considerate children :)
Getting ready for a night out on the town :)
My dear friend Katie babysat Azure for us. We took Vince with us out to dinner to Uncle Bubba's oyster house (Paula Deen's brother). The food was good, not spectacular. The menu was mostly
low country cuisine. So, I got my fave low country dish: shrimp and grits. Charlie got the Low Country Boil which is a close second. The view of the marsh was nice, though we regularly mock marsh views here.

Vince did pretty well and was in and out of slumber for most of the time. We decided to head out to Tybee Island which was only 10 mins away. We sat on a life guard tower, watched the waves, and reminisced about our wedding day.

After putting the kids to bed we watched our wedding video. I, of course, can't watch it without crying. I feel so incredibly grateful every time I watch it. It was the happiest day of my life. Everything I had ever dreamed of happened that day. It was my fairytale come true. It
is my fairytale come true. Make no mistake, Charles is my perfect match and I am madly in love with him. I am ecstatic to spend all of eternity with him :)
6 comments:
Happy Anniversary! You know, we never made it to Uncle Bubba's the whole time we lived in Savannah. Kind of sad, but glad we aren't missing anything too spectacular.
So how do you know Rebbecca Nielsen? (Sorry if we've already talked about his, but I don't remember... blame it on being a mom and stuff). Did you know she is married to my cousin Seth? I saw your last comment on her blog post and realized it is so funny that we have a couple people whom we both know - almost like we were meant to be friends.
Happy anniversary! I love that your little ones allowed you to nap on your anniversary. :)
Happy anniversary! How do you look so great with a 4-month old baby? Glad you guys had a fun day! :)
That baby boy is so dang cute! I think I'll keep him in July when you come down ;)
Congrats on the 4 years, I like knowing I knew you guys before you were married. Also, we still have your wedding "thank you" magnet on our fridge to remind us of your wonderful day; we also have Legolas. From these two magnets we get lots of questions so it's fun to recap our magnet wars.
Also I totally agree about being told the babies coming late. With Edwin I was told he was coming early, so the whole month of June I was anxious of his arrival, only to find him coming a day before his "due date" I kind of like being told he's coming late, it takes some of the anxiety away.
Congrats to both of you! I can't believe it's been 4 years already!!!
Post a Comment