My episode is now online to watch at your will. I am pleased with it for the most part, however I wanted singing to be a big part of it. My great grandmother Francesca loved to sing and my Nana (grandmother) was a singer and voice teacher. A large part of the episode was supposed to include how this singing talent had been passed down through the generations. They filmed me singing in a nursing home in St. Louis, however they cut this scene because they didn't feel that it "fit". That made me sad.
One of the scenes also included me learning to play Bocce Ball from some old Sicilian men at the Italian club. It was so fun! However, the directors forgot to get them to sign a waiver allowing them to be in the "film" so they had to cut that too :(
The hostess for the show was a little over the top. Though, as a person I liked her very much and enjoyed her personality; it was just a little much on camera. Because they cut 2 of my scenes I felt they used too much studio time with the hostess adding "fillers" that were redundant.
Having said all of that, I did thoroughly enjoy filming the episode (besides the morning sickness) and going to St. Louis and learning so much about my family history. It was a memorable experience and I'm so grateful that I was chosen for this show.




2 comments:
It's good to know there was a reason for all the repetition. I'm sorry they cut the singing and Bocce Ball. Both would have added a lot to the show! It was fun to see you on TV.
I totally agree that the hostess was over the top and redundant in your episode. She wasn't so bad in the others, so I'm not sure what her deal was.
I too wish they could have found a way to make the singing work - what a neat part of your family history story.
I saw it air again when I was working out at BYU-Idaho this week. I restrained myself from telling everyone around me that I know you.
Post a Comment