Time seems to be going by pretty fast these days. Azure is growing up to be such a bright, articulate, and demanding :) little woman.She is learning how to read! She is doing such a fantastic job sounding words out. We're so proud of her. This site has helped her so much.
About 2 weeks ago she finally started showing more interest in wearing underwear to bed. During that time she has only had 2 accidents! She's gone from 95% to 99% potty trained.
Today I told her she needed to go get dressed. She replied with, "Hold on. I'm watching a movie right now."
"Okay, but we're leaving soon and you need to be dressed."
Hands go up in the air, eyebrows raise, head tilts.
"I'm watching a movie," she repeats. "When it's over I will get dressed. Okay mom?"
Let the 3 year old games begin :)
She really is a sweetie most of the time. She stills loves Vince and is very attentive to his cries or fussiness. Sometimes if he's fussing in the swing while I'm making dinner she will try to make him laugh so he'll stop. If that doesn't work, she runs into the kitchen and says, "Mommy, the boy's crying, will you please get him?"

She is usually very obedient (for a 3 yr old) and I've had other moms comment that they're impressed with her obedience.
She still hasn't shown much of an interest in Spanish. When we try to teach her words in Spanish she'll say things like "Beep Boop, Ga Ga" which is a little frustrating and hilarious at the same time. Charles has been very diligent and continues to pray with her in Spanish every night, though she is not very responsive. I frequently listen to Salsa and whenever it comes on she says, "Speakinspanish Mom!" and then of course starts dancing. Dora the Explorer has made her a little more interested lately but, still not much. Our tentative plan is to put her in a Spanish immersion school once she starts kindergarten but, of course that depends on where we move to.
She is an exceptional drawer. She loves to draw. Here's some of her masterpieces as of late:




4 comments:
What a big girl she is. I can't believe she is reading and drawing such great pics. Love that girl!
She's so smart for all the interaction you give her! BTW, sounds like you have a great pediatrician. Mine's nice, but Haley gets better interaction from my midwife. (They played around of Melissa & Doug's version of Guess Who after my last appointment.)
Wow, those seriously are really good drawings for a 3-year-old! It is so fun to watch them do cool stuff like that.
I think it's so adorable that she nurse's her "children". She's such a cutie!
Post a Comment