Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 25, 2010

The party

We had a party on Azure's actual birthday (Monday, the 21st). I decided after much debate to have a swim party here in our complex. We're not supposed to have pool parties, so I planned to have the kids over to have snacks and play a bit in the house, go out to the pool to swim for an hour or so, and then come back again for cake and ice cream. That way it wasn't a "party" out at the pool, just part of our activity :) It all turned out great. It was a little crowed in our apartment, but I was glad that all of Azure's friends could make it.

I am especially proud of myself for making my first cutesy cake ever! I think it turned out fabulous and it tasted great too.
I saw this fun idea to put runt bananas on the cupcakes. For someone like me who isn't very creative or crafty, pulling this off makes me feel pretty dang awesome!
She received a little too many presents, so we think that next year we will have a no present or at least "small" present party.

11 comments:

purplehill said...

Looks like her party was fantastic!

Happy Birthday, Azure!

Love, Aunt Paula

purplehill said...

OOps, the cake came out perfect.

Great job, Dee

Stefani M. said...

The cake looks like the pictures! Excellent job. Yeah, presents are so hard. We just have small family parties with cousins, and we post an Amazon wishlist so that people know to get her things like books, DVDs and games, rather than toys.

Stefani M. said...

Oh, and Happy Birthday, Azure! :)

Bonnie said...

The cake turned out awesome! What a cute idea, and a fun party!

Line said...

Looks like if was a fun party. And great job with the cake!

Line said...

Deanna: I answered your question on my blog but then realized you might not check it. So I'm answering it again. :)

No, I haven't heard that you can't have children under 18 to be an ordinance worker. It must be a new rule or up to each temple presidency because my father-in-law was an ordinance worker for a while in Hawaii, even with children under 18. I can see why that rule would make sense, though.

Maren B said...

Very impressive cake! I understand being proud of yourself for things that other moms may think is no big deal. I am not the crafty type, either.

Sarah said...

Love all the Azureness. She is so smart, pretty, and blessed to have wonderful parents. Glad she is keeping you on your toes.

Kassi said...

The cake looks AWESOME!!!!! I love her curls! Happy Birthday Azure--can you believe she is three?

Lisa D. said...

The cake looks awesome - I bet Azure loved it! She looks like she really enjoyed her day.