Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

It Takes a Village

Azure is extremely excited to attend her first concert outside of the womb. So excited that we purchased tickets to see Matisyahu next week. Having questions as to the general procedure of bringing an infant to an outdoor amphitheater, I called the ticket office to satiate my curious mind. The following is an actual approximation of the conversation I had with the "ticket office lady."


TOL: SmithsTix, how can I help you?
ME: Yeah, I had some questions about the Usana Amphitheater. Are children allowed, and if so, do they need a ticket?
TOL: How old is the child?
ME: Ummm 2 months.
TOL: (pause) You DO realize that this is an outdoor venue and there is NO shade?!
Me: Well, the concert is at night.
TOL: (pause again) Well, yes you can take a child.

It's good to know that the public safety net will protect Azure from some of the errors we may commit as new parents. Stay tuned for a post on our experiences at the concert.

2 comments:

Just Me said...

I have absolutely no clue who Matsu whatsu is?!? I'll have to google it after doing a check on the actual name. As long as you don't think the music is blowing her eardrums out, I think you will be fine. And for a concert...the younger the better at this point. Hopefully she will sleep through most of it!

Just Me said...

ummm...just because I'm not good at posting, doesn't mean you can't be! So, how was the concert??