Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 6, 2007

Growing up


Azure turned 6 wks old last Thursday and has made lots of improvements. I think she's finally getting used to life outside the womb! She has been smiling more this past week while being fully awake and not only when dozing off to sleep. It is so precious to see her smile at me. It's one of the first fruits of my labors that I can see :)

She's also been makings new sounds this past week- more cooing and aahing. She does this even more when she's in her swing and when looking at her new toy that she got from Uncle Miah and Aunt Monica. Her cries are even sounding different now, more like an older baby and not so much like a newborn anymore. And what's even more exciting is that she is crying less! For the first 5 wks I would've described her as a somewhat fussy baby but she is acquiring more self-calming skills and can look around and just be content for longer periods of time now. Yesterday I had my 6 wk checkup. Azure was in her car seat looking at her toy and making cooing sounds when our midwife said, "She's one of the calmest babies I've seen recently at a postpartum visit." Wow, what a compliment. Of course she cried most of the time in the backseat on the way home, but we'll take what we can get.

The last interesting update is about my lifestyle change. Every afternoon during Azure's play time I put her in her swing and turn on KBYU which is PBS Kids and have her "listen" to cartoons. First there's Sesame St., Caillou, Bob the Builder and then Winnie the Pooh. Of course she can't watch them since she can't even see the TV but she is entralled by the ridiculous high pitched cartoon voices. As I was sitting on the couch watching her swing and listening to the ridiculous plots I suddenly realized how different my life was. I was watching cartoons! Something I haven't done for I don't know how long. I also realized that my life will continue to be this way for many years to come. I'm starting to learn everyones names on all the shows!
After the swing we have "tummy time". She does a good job of holding her head up and pushing her feet against my hands to scoot herself around.
I'm so grateful for this little girl! She has taught me alot in the last 6.5 wks maybe even more than I've tried to teach her. I feel like I've become a better person as I've had this short experience in taking care of her- we're growing up together!

3 comments:

Just Me said...

Such a cutie! And oh the excitement of kids shows. We started out on PBS and we've graduated to Nick and Disney. We still love some of the PBS ones though like Dragon Tales and Clifford. And Sesame Street hasn't changed a lick since we were kids! Enjoy!

Ruth said...

You're so precious, Deanna. I love you!

Aunt Tally said...

yay! you're finally having fun with her. I'm glad she is doing better