Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

2 months!

Yesterday Azure had her 2 month checkup and weighed in at 10 lbs! She was 7 lbs 3 oz when she was born and 20 inches long. Yesterday she measured at 23 inches. So she's gained 3 lbs and grown 3 inches!
She received more vaccines and she actually didn't do too bad. Charles helped hold her while the nurse stuck her several times. As soon as Azure realized what was happening she started to cry and so did I! But, her cries were more of shock and trauma than painful screams. We're just glad it's over!
We'll post more pictures soon...

2 comments:

Just Me said...

Ahh...the first shots. I remember the nurse telling me to take my time in the room where my son had just been pricked and stabbed. Surely she saw that tears were about to flow. I'm sure it is very common for any mother to feel such sorrow for the pain there child has had to endure at such a young age. At Zach's 3 year appointment I had become much more callous. How do you want me to sit on my child? Just hold his hands above his head since he is now strong enough to rip the needle out of your hand and shoot you with it? Oh, okay. Then he had to have blood taken from his finger. I started to lay him in the same position as the shot lady not realizing that he wasn't gonna have his heel pricked as we had done years before. They got his thumb this time! Luckily I was able to hug on him as he well, I should probably stop. Deanna's blog is not the one to go into detail about shots and blood. Glad you all survived and start preparing yourself for many more to come. I know Tyler wanted to take Zach out for ice cream when he was 2 months old...of course we couldn't :). Those days will come too!

Just Me said...

Should I have just done a link to my own blog and typed that one up there? Geez!