Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Back Track



I'm gonna back track a bit to just before Azure was born. Here's some pregnancy pics that our dear friend Shannon took (who also took our engagement pics- she's great!)

Most of you know our birth story but for those who don't I'll give a brief summary. I'm not a fan of needles so we had planned for a natural birth. We took a hypnosis prenatal class which was great and I would recommend it to all who are interested in natural birthing: http://birthnaturally.org/ At all of our doctor appointments, the midwives we were seeing said Azure was positioned just right (head down, facing my back- anterior) even at my last appointment 3 days before she was born. We arrived at the hospital after my water broke; and after not progressing and painful back labor for 12 hrs we consented to Pitocin (to speed up the labor) which increased my back labor EXTERMELY but did it's job in dialating me to a 4 only to find out just then that she was BREECH! So, after 24 hrs of labor and 12 hrs of back labor and 3 months of practicing hypnosis for a natural childbirth, I had a C-section! So, my advice is to get an ultrasound before going into labor!





But, they pulled her out just fine and she's absolutely perfect so we won't complain too much! After a few days in the hospital we finally brought her home.






My mom stayed with us for a week which was a BIG help. We were sad to see her go. My mother in law also came for a few days. I definitely needed the help.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful photo of your tummy and both of your hands.

I'm so glad we could be at Azure's blessing. She is beautiful and you're figuring out the whole parenting thing really well. (Babies are pretty good at schooling us, eh?)

I still want to hear more details about the birth. I'm sure I can supply you with loads of unwanted opinions. :) But in any case, it is wonderful that she got here safely!

Mamie said...

wow. how dramatic, and after all of that hypno-practicing...
well, I must say that your pre-baby photos are quite adorable. Deanna, you look fantastic!