I'm gonna have to interrupt this catch-up with an update on the children.
Vince is now 22.5 months old which is kinda crazy to think. He'll be 2 in 7 wks!
![]() |
| Trying starfruit for the 1st time after church |
- Starting saying ta-caw (the t has a very distinct sound like he's rolling his tongue which makes me think he might take to Spanish more than Azure has) a couple months ago and I had no idea where he came up with it. Then about a month later he said it when he saw a picture of a rooster.
- Has started saying, "Mine!" Sounds more like "my". Let the terrible twos begin :(
- Plays best when I am close to him. Doesn't play well on his own. They say he does just great in nursery. As soon as I go in to do Singing Time the last 15 mins he won't let me go though :)
- He has stopped calling us "Mama" and "Dada" and now call us "Mommy" and "Daddy". He especially likes to say "mommy" over and over again until I get him wants he wants. *sigh* Sometimes, that is not so cute!
- He calls milk "meem". When he wants his cup of milk he says, "Ah- meem, ah- meem, ah-meem." He says it gradually louder and louder, crescendo-ing to a screaming, desperate plea.
- He can stack the nesting boxes very well. I like to watch his brain work as he meticulously lays down the largest box until he puts the smallest at the top. Sometimes, he'll make a mistake but, he always catches himself when he realizes the next box is bigger than the last instead of smaller, and re-stacks.
- Loves La-La (Elmo) and Signing Time and asks to watch one or the other at least once a day. He will dance in circles and try to sing and/or pant like a dog when he hears the song, "La-la-la-la, la-la-la-la, Elmo's world." So cute!
- Calls movies, "moo-mees" and blueberries "boo-bees". We try to enunciate the l :)
- Stills sleeps about 12.5 hrs a night. 7-8pm to 7:30-8:30am.
- Still the world's best snuggler! He loves to "check in" with me periodically and kiss my legs and give me a tight hug. He has such a strong grasp, it surprises me.
- He's finally wearing size 4 diapers now. He could have been wearing them for the past couple months, but we just made the change. He is not even close to potty training. Maybe 3?
- Depending on his mood diaper changes can still be a wrestling match. That's probably the most frustrating thing he does! How does one stay calm and composed when their child is rolling around getting poop on their feet and all over the place? I've tried distracting him with toys and singing songs. The only things that works is raising my voice.
- He can do lots of new signs including: cookie, flower, elephant, and more that I'm forgetting.
- He's a pretty picky eater and rarely eats depending on his mood. Except treats of course. He'll never refuse those.
- He calls the moon, "moom" and likes to find it in the sky saying, "ah-moom!"
- Sometimes he still whines and cries when I go up the stairs without him.
- After I scold him for hitting or taking things out of the trash he comes up and kisses me and says "thank you". He's a natural charmer! Sure love this boy.
- He's had all of his teeth (except 1 set of molars- still to come) for the past 2 months.








2 comments:
I am so glad my boy isn't the only one who is super picky but loves his treats! Vince is such a cutie!!
He sounds so fun. And he is going to be two! Fun times ahead. I love the "check in" Abs does that too.
Post a Comment