Yesterday morning the first thing Azure said to me when she saw Vince was, "Vince is SO cute! I just want to marry him!" I think it's so sweet that she has so much love and adoration for her little brother. Though she did just throw a ball at his head this afternoon on purpose she admitted. Grrrr....
She hardly seems like a 4.5 yr old. More like a 6 yr old. She asks such thought provoking questions and is very observant. Last night she turned to me and said, "Could you imagine what it would be like to not have any bones in your body?" Then while we were watching The Nativity Story she said, "Could you imagine what it would be like not to have cars? Because they (referring to Mary and Joseph) didn't have cars."
Her reading continues to improve. She read a verse of scripture during Sharing Time in Primary with minimal help (I think just 2 words). She is so ready for kindergarten.
I asked her what she would want to do more than anything and she said, "Play tea party with you every day." Melt my heart. I try to play with her as often as I can. Though she does ask at inopportune times- like when I'm getting in the shower.
The girls soccer team at SCAD did a soccer clinic for one day that I signed Azure up for. It was with older kids so she enjoyed it more.
![]() |
| such concentration |
![]() |
| Goooaaaalllll! |
Her hair is turning brown at the crown, just like mine did at this age. It makes me happy mostly because having brown hair will accentuate the blueness of her eyes and her name is Azure after all.
She is so tall. Yesterday she measured 43 inches at Target. This is a 4ft. tree.
She still likes to make silly faces; still sucks her thumb, but says she's going to stop when she goes to kindergarten. I hope she won't have too much anxiety about that.
She is ravenous with treats. The other day I gave Vince a fluffernutter. Of course he got fluff all over his face, esp on his upper lip. I heard him saying, "No!" and turned around to see Azure rubbing her finger on his upper lip to try to get some of the fluff off and eat it off her fingers. She had just finished her own!
Her new favorite movie is Monsters Inc.
She has a hard time when I tell her to get dressed in the morning. She whines that she doesn't know what to wear even after I give her suggestions. She insists on me doing it for her. Somehow I think this is my fault. Maybe I've been too critical of her choices when it doesn't match?
She has two toys that she still plays with almost daily and she received them when she was two! They are her blocks and a magna-doodle (writing thing). It amazes me that she hasn't lost any interest in those 2 things. Definitely worth every penny!
She has gotten really imaginative with her blocks and makes some cool creations.
Some days we still have a battle of wills but, mostly I thoroughly enjoy her company daily. I would be so bored and lonely without her. She truly is one of my best friends. Love you sweet Azure Marie.












2 comments:
She is such a smart little girl! :)
Some of this sounds familiar... the battles, the funny sayings. What a fun girl. And so adorable too.
Post a Comment