Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Catch Up: Fall Festivities

Now, that Winter is here (and Christmas is past) I better recap our Fall.

What I am most proud of is my acorn wreath. I first saw this tutorial Fall 2009 and really wanted to make it. I even collected some acorns back then but, didn't get any further than that. This year I kept seeing it all over Pinterest and knew it was now or never as this is our last Fall in Savannah where acorns are APLENTY!

I wouldn't have been able to do it without my friend Lindsey, who supplied me with the wreath, the hot glue gun, and half the acorns. Thanks Linds!

I've also always wanted to make apple butter and Azure had been asking to make homemade applesauce. I persuaded her to apple butter instead. It turned out really tasty. Here's the recipe.

This is our house. I love the layout. It's the perfect size for the 4 of us. It's 2 story and somewhat similar to the condo we lived in in Provo right before we moved here. The living room is open and spacious. I love our home.
And I love brightly colored leaves.

Thanksgiving was kind of a flop (the food at least). Our turkey "had a hard life". It actually tasted much better made into turkey noodle soup the next day. Becky's rolls, toffee, and stuffing were delicious!

I was also pretty pleased with my Fall "mantle" display.

I am looking forward to Spring :)

1 comment:

Stefani M. said...

Did you just move or did you move a while ago and I missed it? Hmmmm. Lots of fun stuff going on there, it looks like. And hooray for a mantle display. This year was the first I outfitted ours for fall and now winter. Next is spring!