Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Almost time to say goodbye to 3

Azure will be 4 next month. It seems like we just celebrated her 3rd birthday and crammed all her friends into our little condo. She's overdue for a post of her own highlighting her quirks and development.
Almost every time she prays, she starts with, "Henly Father, thank you that we could have a good time." Then she usually adds, "thank you that we could follow God's plan by getting baptized" or "by getting sealed in the temple." Charles and I don't say these things in our own prayers, so this is all her. In February we learned the song, "I Will Follow God's Plan" in Primary so I think since then she's been saying that.

If we are about to eat something she really enjoys she'll say, "thank you for this delicious, yummy ______." And then she'll giggle and peek through one eye. Of course, I know this because laughter is a cue for me to open my own eyes during a prayer so I can see her cute face. But, let's be honest and I'll admit I rarely keep my eyes closed for the duration of an entire prayer anymore since having children.
Azure has been writing, spelling, and reading like crazy. She especially likes to spell her and Vince's name with any kind of letters she can find.

 "Hot tHe Dog" wrote and came up with this all on her own

Since moving into our new house I have loved watching her from the kitchen window prancing around and talking to herself as she plays in the backyard. One of those moments I wish I could freeze in time. It's something I want to remember about her childhood. I wonder if she'll remember this house (assuming we'll only be here for a year). I wonder if she'll remember our old place. I couldn't help but tear up when I went by there last week to show it to a potential renter. I stood at her bedroom door and remembered so many things. The raucous laughter, the furious screams, the songs, the cries. Without the bitter, we really can't know the sweet. A hard thing to remember when we're in the bitter. So hard.
She wanted to take a picture in her old chair. Here's what she used to look like in it.
She can make the silliest faces thanks to Daddy!

 My personal favorite (above) Banana split cupcake



She is so her father's daughter! I love this girl.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh man! I love little kids' prayers. Ella is just starting to be creative in her prayers. That is so cool she can spell so much. And I love her silly faces. I can definitely see Charles in there. So happy you have a yard too. It's soooo nice!

Maren B said...

She is so cute. I love the faces.

Aunt Tally said...

I love my little Azure bear. I can't believe how big she is getting! She looks so cute with her little bows. I can not wait until my vacation so I can see you guys! =)

Bonnie said...

Her faces are hilarious!