Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 20, 2011

5 years

I often say this but, really if I could live one day over again, it would be our wedding day. It was so magical. Everything I had been praying and wishing for (since the age of 3 when you start pretending and first think of getting married) had come true.
Last Thursday night our Bishop sent out an email asking for volunteers to go help out the tornado victims in Fayetteville, GA for the following day until Sunday. It was extremely short notice and Charles had so much to do. We had a house full of unpacked boxes. He had to study for his rotation and prepare for his grilling on Monday. He could of easily just blown it off- too short notice, too much to do. But, not my husband.

At church on Sunday they had announced that some people from our ward had gone to help. I felt honored that Charles was numbered among them. "That's the kind of man I married," I thought to myself. I love him for honoring his priesthood and stepping up to the plate even when his own is full.

I love our marriage. Even though it's far from perfect. Since he's the clerk, one of his responsibilities is to count how many people are in attendance in Sacrament meeting. When he gets to our row I love to mouth all sorts of numbers at him to try and mix him up :) And he just shakes his head and smiles. I love it! I love the humor that permeates our marriage. I love feeling secure in his love.
Since early on in our courtship he has impressed me with his integrity. And he still amazes me. He makes me want to be a better woman.

5 of the greatest things that have happened in the past 5 yrs:
  1. Having Azure & Vince
  2. Going to Hawaii on our 2 yr anniversary
  3. Going to Casa Laguna on our engagement anniversary last Dec
  4. Our trips to Key West & St. Augustine, FL
  5. Growing closer together through trials/sicknesses/tragedies (intense morning sickness, PPD & colic with Azure, our car accident, emotional turmoil that comes from being YW president, Pharmacy sch stress, mastitis and seizures, moving- 3x, the tick, dealing with insensitive "friends" & preceptors)
Oh those dimples!
It's been a great 5 years. I'm looking forward to eternity with him and our beautiful children.

    3 comments:

    Ruth said...

    Happy Anniversary, darling. Five years already. Wow. And even more difficult to believe is that the Hawaii trip was already 3 years ago.
    I love you and I love you guys together. In a world where marriage is endangered, you shine as a beacon of hope.

    Sarah said...

    Happy 5 years. It's been thrilling to virtually observe your family for those years. :)

    Line said...

    what a beautiful post, deanna. happy 5 years!