Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Thank you!

The Lord never ceases to amaze me. Thank you so much for your loving and supportive words. I appreciate all of them and all of you. So much!

Yesterday my other friend who was the witness called because she felt she needed to talk to me about what happened. I was so relieved because like I said I was apprehensive to talk to others for fear of gossiping. She spoke peace to my heart and validated me and restored my confidence. I immediately felt the burden being lifted and the healing power of the Savior through her words.  I feel that she really was acting as an angel for me, especially since she is in the Relief Society Presidency. The mantle is a very real thing!

Last week I read this conference talk by Elder Richards. As I reread it today, I got much more out of it having gone through so much emotional distress this weekend. Some of my favorite quotes from it:

"The Savior is not a silent observer. He Himself knows personally and infinitely the pain we face."

"Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need" (Hebrews 4:16)
 
“He shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and...he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people...and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy,...that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities.” (Alma 7:11-12)

Perhaps we also need to experience the depths of mortality in order to understand Him and our eternal purposes. 13

Elder Robert D. Hales said: “Pain brings you to a humility that allows you to ponder. It is an experience I am grateful to have endured...”

You know, I too am grateful to have endured this pain. (I can probably only say that since I feel so much better now.) I haven't felt so hurt in a long time and it forced me to turn to the Savior in a way that I don't think I have in awhile- so brokenhearted and in a spirit of true humility. It also allowed Charles and I to grow closer together as we felt that this was "our" issue, not only mine. Another testament to me of the power of the marriage covenant in shouldering our burdens. So grateful for this man.

I also (re)learned that the Lord wants me to feel of His love through friends. Had I kept this to myself the healing process would have taken much longer I think. Women truly need other women!

4 comments:

Martha said...

So I'm a little late on this, but am floored that someone did that do you. That is totally inappropriate and judgmental. You are am amazing mom! I haven't seen you with your kids as they've gotten older but I remember seeing you with Azure when she was a fussy newborn and thinking how patient you were. Through your blog I can sense that that initial love and care has only grown for your kids.

And just as a side note, I usually end up depressed by the end of Mother's Day because I always hear the talks about moms who never raised their voices, made hot breakfast every morning, etc. etc. So now I just lower my expectations and realize that I'm not perfect but I can still feel celebrated because I do give my whole heart to my children and family and am doing my best.

Kassi said...

I am so glad you are feeling better! I want you to know that I absolutely respect you!

Sarah said...

Glad you received some good thoughts and words. I believe that the Lord is watching out for all of us.

Cassie said...

I am so grateful to have you as a friend. The bishop was right on when he had you help us out. Thanks so much for your words of encouragement today! It made me feel much better! Onward and upward now :)