Today as soon as Vince woke up he signed "Dad" and said "Dada". I was so proud. This is the first time he's done a sign so clearly while saying the word simultaneously. He can sign dog too, but he says "da" so it's not as clear.
We also found out the cause of his incessant whininess- a bottom right molar with the left one close behind. We noticed it on 5 de Mayo. That makes 7 teeth now. (I seriously don't remember Azure being this whiny at this age. Maybe I have Mommy amnesia? He was the calmest baby until 11 months.)
I am hoping that he walks soon because I think he'll learn to be more independent and not so clingy with a new-found skill. Maybe?
He has taken to books in the last few weeks like crazy. Now that he has his own room I've been reading more to him in the glider before naptime. When reading "Goodnight Moon" to him I always tickle his tummy when I say "goodnight bears". I always did that to Azure when she was a baby and I realized how ingrained it was for me because I found myself doing it to Vince even though I haven't read the book consistently for about 2.5 yrs now. Today while the 3 of us were in his room putting laundry away, he was flipping through the book and when he got to the "goodnight bears" page, he tickled his own tummy and began to laugh. Oh, it was the cutest thing!
When I pointed to a cow in a book the other day he said, "Moo." He also attempted to say his first Spanish word, "globo" (balloon) at Publix on Saturday. I asked him, "Donde esta el globo?" His eyes darted around until he found it and then he pointed to it and said, "babo." (sounded more like bubble)
This picture reminds me of when Charles and I were engaged. One night we were talking about our future life together and in my mind's eye I saw a little boy with blonde, almost white hair, blue eyes and dimples shaking his head and saying, "No, no, no!" I still don't know if it's Vince (because he doesn't have much hair) or if we have another little boy waiting for us. No, I'm not pregnant by the way :) But, the pic above reminds me of that boy I saw.
Get me out of here!
Blocks are his absolute favorite. Playing with blocks is usually one of the only things that he can do independently for the longest period of time (2nd being watching Baby Signing Time). He loves putting them in the laundry baskets, the trash can, boxes, any kind of container. I find blocks in the most random places because he crawls all around the house hiding them.
When he finds a brush he immediately starts brushing his hair while looking at me smiling like he's so funny.
Playing trains w/Addison, Kayden, and William
Green smoothie 'stache. He LOVES green smoothies!
Corn! (said like a crow)
He is the world's best snuggler! Sundays are a bit difficult as I am Primary chorister and Charles is the clerk. Neither of us can really take him because we each have our callings to fulfill so he ends up getting passed around to the Primary presidency which he does NOT like. There have been a few weeks where he was so hysterical that they had to take him out of the building. Whenever I go "rescue" him after I'm done, he buries his head in my neck and lays it on my shoulder and hugs me tight as if to say, "Don't ever let me go again, Mommy!" And when it's bedtime or naptime he does the same and snuggles me tight. Azure was not a snuggler at this age- she was always on the go, rarely even wanting to be held. If she did it was only for a few seconds and then she'd be wriggling out of my arms to go run around again. Every child is indeed different!
In Cherokee, NC









2 comments:
Aw, he is too cute! That super dependent thing is difficult. I am so sorry. Nursery, anyone? What I think is interesting is that I am enjoying this stage with Abby more than I did with Ella. Maybe because she has someone else to interact with... I hope Vince and Azure play well.
Elijah is way fussier now than he used to be, too. Hopefully it's just the teeth. Snuggly babies are the best!
Post a Comment