The menu usually consists of pork roast, yucca, mojo, rice, black beans and fried plantains. This is a tradition that I hope to continue on with my children as it is one of my favorite Cuban traditions. That and have them all take Salsa lessons :)
We usually draw names and open gifts after dinner. Sometimes we have sung Christmas songs and read out of Luke 2. Since my brother in law, Angel, has joined our family we have been singing a lot more since he brings and plays the guitar. Thank you Angel! I really wish I would have taken pics of the food.
Azure is pretending she's playing the guitar in the bottom right corner.
Looking through the kaleidoscope with both eyes closed. Classic.
Only Jen and I are looking at the camera. Nice.
We started Christmas morning off eating latkes and waiting for the kids to wake up. We never told Azure that Santa was giving her presents. We told her Mommy & Daddy were and Nana & Papa and other people but, not Santa. She still thoroughly enjoyed it all.
I love Charlie's expressions in these pics!
I tried to get a cute Christmas jammies pic in front of the tree. This was the best I could do.
And another one by the fireplace.
Vince's 1st Christmas
Our stockings :)
I tried to get a cute Christmas jammies pic in front of the tree. This was the best I could do.
And another one by the fireplace.
Vince's 1st Christmas
Our stockings :)
Following our Christmas tradition, the 4 of us, along with Natalee and Angel went to a nursing home to sing on Christmas Day. Last year we went to a Hospice and went around to different rooms and sang to people individually. This year, they were all gathered together in their front lobby waiting for us. And we were about 15 mins late so we felt kinda bad.
I have to say that singing there was the BEST part of Christmas day. As we sang of the Savior's birth (as a family + extended fam no less) and looked into the eyes of those sweet old folks, the spirit burned in my heart that this was a tradition we definitely need to keep. And we should do it more often than once a year on Christmas. I could tell it meant so much to them.
Afterwards we spent some time with my Nana & Papa and sang with them too which was great.
And what Christmas would be complete without playing a superfun board game while snacking on delicious Christmas goodies?! So glad Talls was down to play Ticket to Ride. One of our top faves for sure. Especially when I beat Charlie savagely :)
Then the next day we started our l o n g cross country road trip back to Savannah. It took us a week, stopping to see family though.










2 comments:
We didn't get a picture together?
Looks like you guys had a great Christmas! I love the pics of your kids on Christmas morning. Vince has gotten so big!!!
Post a Comment