Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Gulino Family visit

We got to see a lot of family and friends being in CA for 2 months. We were able to have lunch with all of my Papa's siblings and their families, something I haven't done in years. It's amazing the things you take for granted. After all these years I learned that my great uncle was born in Sicily and didn't come to the US until he was 20, hardly knowing any English and marrying my Great Aunt Jeannie soon after, when she was 15! She didn't know any Italian, so that must have been interesting.
 My Aunt Jeannie also had the ingenious idea to let Vince suck on an ice cream cone. It kept him occupied for about 20 mins. Seeing these pics has reminded me to buy some as teething "biscuits" for him.
I realized you really have to ask specific questions from "old" people if you want to learn about your family history. I love it, it's all so interesting! My nana told me that Jeannie once asked her to tell her father-in-law who was visiting from Sicily, that didn't know any English, to please not use her records as a serving plate for the homemade pizzas. Hilarious!
Also, please vote on our poll to the right just for fun to see where we'll be headed to in June.

No comments: