Not gonna lie. Last week was somewhat of a hard week. Vince has done a complete 180 on us. (Though, the last few days have been better.) Azure has even said, "We have the wrong baby." Indeed. I've thought the same thing.
I hope it was just an irritable teething bout and that he will return to his happy-go-lucky, chill, calm, peaceful self soon.
I, myself have felt quite irritable and annoyed through this and it's been aggravated by other things that I won't mention. Sometimes, I have the feeling, 'I can't take this anymore. When is it going to end?' I'm grateful for the Holy Ghost that whispers peace to me in those moments where I realize I'm being overly dramatic.
I am also grateful for apostles who give amazing talks. I listened to Elder Christofferson's address from the CES fireside last Sunday and instantly felt more peace. Especially from this story he recounted:
His mother went through painful radiation treatments in what would now be considered primitive medical conditions. Her mother taught her something that helped her to take one day, or one thing at a time. She said she was so sick and weak that one day she said to her mother,
"Oh, mother. I can't stand having 16 more of those treatments."
"Can you go today?"
"Yes."
"Well, honey, that's all you have to do today."




No comments:
Post a Comment