Goodness, you are beautiful. I probably can't call you beautiful for much longer b/c I do realize that you are a boy. But, for now I just want to call you beautiful. My beautiful boy.
I hope you grow up to be like your daddy. He is a good man. He loves playing with you.
Look! You have his dimples. I hope they stay. And I love your chubby little hands too.
You are quite a snuggler. I love how happy you are to see me when you wake up. I pick you up and you lay your head right on my shoulder and hug me very tightly. You gnaw (not a hard bite) on my shoulder too and kick your legs ferociously and make this sound like you're gasping for air. Then you make the panting dog sound.
We especially love your laugh. You have a deep belly laugh and sound like an old man sometimes. I never tire of hearing your laugh. It is what joy sounds like.
December was quite a month for you pertaining to milestones. On Sunday, Dec. 12 you finally started army crawling! With Azure starting this at 7 months, we were kinda anxious for this to happen. Though, I'm not really sure why since it means more work for us babyproofing and whatnot.
On Mon. Dec. 27 Daddy noticed your top two teeth poking out! Before they came through you loved to suck on my chin. Sadly, I can't let you do it anymore b/c it's pretty painful with the addition of those top two.
They had receded back somewhat for a couple days but, now they are poking out again. You look less like a baby now with them. *bittersweet sigh* I mentioned in a previous post that I didn't want your 6-9 month stage to end. I feel like you milked (pun intended) that stage for all it was worth since you crawled and got these 2 teeth somewhat late compared to your sister. Because of that, I feel like I got to savor your baby-ness. That has been a blessing.
You have been screaming at deafening pitches this last week as those top teeth fully finish coming out. It's a little unnerving to listen to all day. Though, at the end of the day I realize how much you need me. Physically, emotionally, spiritually. This motherhood career is humbling. On those days it gets overwhelming (which is pretty much everyday that you are teething) my perspective is amplified by remembering this scripture:
"For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me" (Matthew 25:35, 36, 40).
You have changed my being. I am more complete as a woman and a mother since you've come into our lives. Thank you for helping me reach my potential. I hope I can do the same for you son.
We love you!
p.s. These are some of the pics from our family photo shoot we took a month ago. Stay tuned for more pics.




6 comments:
Beautiful post AND son!
Wow, it is weird how much he and Elijah are on the same page, according to your description! Elijah just started screeching like a maniac in the last week and I often think I'm going to lose my mind (or my hearing). The picture of you and him looking right at the camera is really cute.
Lovely pos, Deanna. I love the pix. He really is a beautiful boy!
Ditto -BEAUTIFUL post Deanna. Vince is so adorable! If he is anything like my Cort, he will keep his babiness just a little bit longer than the first. Even with my little guy running around and climbing on top of the table ... I still have to remind myself he isn't a baby anymore. I just love those "Baby" snuggles!
What a happy boy! I love his eyes! He is beautiful (or hansome)! And it's okay to say it. I say my little Wesley is beautiful. Sometimes it seems weird to call him beautiful but it's works for now while you can get away with it.
I love how Vince is "all eyes" at first glance-he has the most beautiful blue eyes.
Post a Comment