Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Vince's 1st Birthday

Here is a slideshow I made for Vince. His birth was a miracle for me. But, regardless of the way he came out, he is still a miracle in and of himself.

Everyone says this, but I really can't believe that Vince is a yr old. It truly has gone by so quickly. Here are some things our chunky monkey can do.
  •  He is learning to wave and point.
  • He can say Mama, Dada, and Hi! (a new word just in the last week or so)
  • LOVES to be held up to the light switch to turn it on & off.  Even if he's crying he will instantly stop and get a huge smile on his face if he sees the light switch. It's easier for him to turn them off than on.
  • LOVES to be held up to pictures hanging on the wall. I ask him, "Who's that?" as I point. He smiles when he recognizes the face. Either Jesus, him, Azure, me, or Daddy.
  • Has been eating table food for the past month
  • Has clapped a few times (not consistent)
  • Has 4 teeth (2 on bottom, 2 on top)
  • Can pull up to his knees, not a stand yet but at least his knees :)
  • He can gracefully go from lying on his back to sitting, to crawling and reverse
  • Mostly army crawls but, will get up on hands and knees when he stops momentarily. Seems like he thinks he can crawl faster on his belly.
  • Loves to eat bananas. He can eat a whole one in one sitting.
  • Is starting to like Baby Signing Time more but, has yet to do any signs
  • Nurses 4-5x a day, sleeps about 12 hrs straight at night
  • Drank whole milk for the 1st time today and chugged it. Now, I'll gradually start weaning him to nursing 2-3x a day
  • Loves to flick his finger against his teeth.
 Look at my 2 top teeth!
We just had a low-key family party for him today. I made some banana cupcakes with a banana glaze as the "cake". And we opened presents sent from family. Thank you family!

6 comments:

Aunt Tally said...

Happy Birthday to little Vinny! I love that Azure is wearing her nighty I bought her =)

Aunt Tally said...

Wow. I almost cried. It makes me sad that I wasn't there =( You are so blessed. I love you guys.

Line said...

time really does fly! happy birthday to Vince!

CK said...

I LOVE that video you made! What a beautiful birthing video! And what a gorgeous baby! I like to hear that he recognizes the different pictures on the wall. Oh, and that he loves to turn on/off the light- cute! ;)

Sarah said...

Happy birthday little Vince. So glad you came to this world and are a part of the family. (someday we'll get to meet you)

Martha said...

Hey Deanna! Are you going to make your blog private? I would love an invitation!