Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Christmas Festivities #4

What's Christmas without baking? Azure helped Daddy make some brownies to bring to Eddie & Melissa's.
We had a girl's night where my mom, sister, and I made these sugar cookies. The dough was delicious, however it was way too soft to roll out, so I ended up adding 5 more cups of flour which kind of diluted the flavor. But, frosted with whipped cream cream frosting, it was fabulous. We also watched Little Women while Charles and Angel had a boy's night out bowling and playing pool. Little Women continues to be one of my all time favorite movies and I plan on watching it every Christmas season and making cookies with my little woman (or women if we have more girls).
One of my favorite quotes from the movie is after Meg's coming out party (where she dresses inappropriately and drinks to get attention) when the mother is sitting with Meg and Jo on the bed just talking and says,
"If you feel your value lies in being merely decorative, I fear that someday you might find yourself believing that's all you really are. Time erodes all such beauty. But, what it cannot diminish is the wonderful workings of your mind; your humor, your kindness, and your moral courage. These are the things I cherish so in you. I so wish that I could give my girls a more just world. I know you'll make it a better place."
I look forward to such conversations with my own girl(s).

1 comment: