Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Bye-bye Swing

I knew this day would come. I just wished it hadn't so soon. I mean, I'm grateful I had this long. I know some people say good bye to their swings around 6 months. We have been blessed to use it for 10 months.
Wednesday morning Azure woke up somewhat early, 7am. She wouldn't go back to sleep in her crib so I put her in her swing. She usually plays in there and then falls back asleep. So, I went back to bed. Charles was up getting ready for work. 10 mins later he's calling my name holding Azure above my head and she's holding a bag of fish hooks.
"What?"
"She was climbing up the stairs with this in her hands."
"What?!?"
Apparently little Miss Azure wiggled her way out of the moving swing, "jumped/fell" out, crawled out of her room, picked up a random bag of fish hooks from the storage closet (that was open), and climbed up the stairs!
Thankfully Charles was still here and got her in time before she really got into trouble b/c I was asleep!
So, now we will save our swing for the next child. Having her sleep until 10am almost every morning sure was good. I will miss you sweet swing! Oh, and don't worry- she was not harmed in any of this and apparently wasn't phased at all about "falling" out of the swing since the moment she landed she was up and crawling out the door!

I'm an escape artist with 4 teeth!

7 comments:

Aunt Tally said...

OMG, that is so scary! I'm so glad charles was home. That could have been a disaster!

Stefani M. said...

That's funny! I can't believe she wiggled out!

Mamie said...

Oh wow. As I read the story I started getting the little knot in my stomach reminiscent of when I am looking for Lucy after she's not found where I left her.
It's these experiences that teach us that our babies are really growing and developing a mind of their own. Gone are the days of leaving them happy on a blanket on the floor with a few stuffed teething toys lying around, eh?

Azure is beautiful- you are right about her bright blue stunning eyes.

Just Me said...

I love her four teeth!! She's so adorable! Babies sure can survive a lot. Especially when they are so determined and finally accomplish what they set out to do in the first place. No wonder you never answered when I'd call in the morning. I didn't know you slept until 10! Those days are the best aren't they? Glad she wasn't hurt and yes it's a good thing Charles was still home. I could see the same thing happening in our house. Here's to many more stories of Azure growing up!!!

. said...

oh, scary! I'm glad Charles got her in time. SHe sure sounds very mobile and active!

Sarah said...

So, a new phase begins . . . oh boy.

Martha said...

You are such an entertaining writer!