This week is flooded with nostalgic feelings for us. We have done a lot of growing up here in Provo and are sad to go. We're sad to leave lots of friends behind.
This week is also stressful as we're packing up everything. The word pack and stress has always been synonymous for me. Any packing tips?
I am a HUGE fan of to-do lists. Especially seasonal ones. Every summer we make a "summer to-do list" which mainly consists of fun summer activities. It's almost just as fun to cross things off the list to see how much we've done :) We made a "Things to do before we move " list which again is filled with activities, places to eat, things/people to see. We won't be able to do everything we listed but we've done a lot. One of our activities was a bonfire. You know how we love our bonfires!
Thursdays have been my "Thursdays with Sandi" day. Sandi was my roommate sophomore year and I was thrilled to find out she was moving back to UT and that our babies would be 3 months apart. So, almost every Thursday since January we've had a playdate. Azure and Gabe have so much fun together.
Maybe they'll date in college :)
We also got to see our good friends Jared and Maren and their darling daughter Eva. Her and Azure had fun "sharing" toys.



10 comments:
Yay! I always wondered how Sandi was doing. That's great that you do the playdates. So, when is the big move to the Peach State? You must feel a bit uprooted since you'll have to travel a couple of time zones away. (been there!) I have been thinking of you guys and your fun Hawaii trip.
Best wishes as you pack up, head to Hawaii, and then move to the South. Hope you have so much fun.
we're going to miss you! good luck with moving and have fun in hawaii! and I love the pictures from your last post!!
Alright, here's my practical post:
Tips for moving... and I've learned a few from packing a moving van 5 times since being married.
1. Remember that things WON'T go smoothly... so RELAX a bit, and it will seem smoother.
2. Make two lists. One of things to take with you in the car (don't pack!), and one of things to pack last minute.
3. You can try to organize things in boxes by rooms, obviously, but of course, at the very end, it becomes just a "toss-it-in-any-old-box" exercise... leave out towels and bedding to stuff into the empty spaces of those odds and ends boxes so they don't crush in the moving van.
4. As much as possible, accurately label boxes--we printed out labels on those 2"x4" Avery label sheets.
5. If you need boxes, go "dumpster diving" behind stores the strip malls on University Pkwy (Joann's, Ross, etc.) in the early morning. That's where we got ours. Free :)
P.s. Which moving service are you using. We've used U-Haul for 1 one-way move and 2 "in town" moves. For our other two long-distance moves we used ABF U-Pack, which worked really well--it ends up being about the same as a U-Haul when you factor in gas--and it's only a day or two before you get your stuff in your new location. (I'd highly recommend against full-service movers. They're expensive, and you get stuck with extra charges. My brother and SIL used a full-service mover from CA to TX, and ended up paying twice as much as expected... and after carefully instructing the movers on how to place things in the van, discovered that their stuff had been put in a different van and repacked--their mattress was folded in half!--they wish they had used ABF like us.)
Thanks for your advice Stefani. We ARE using ABF, so far they've been great!
I hope you guys have a great time in Hawaii, and you may have inspired us to take an anniversary trip at the end of the summer, too...
I have a fun video of Azure being appalled by Eva's antics. I'll try to email it to you when I upload it. It was great to see you 3!
I think of Sandi now and then too. Send her my hello's please. What a cute kid she has!! Packing is the worst. I'm still just as terrible at it as I was in college. Thank goodness I won't be having to do it again anytime soon. Oh and the best part of the whole post was the beginning. I think I spent a whole minute laughing at the fact that I didn't even catch the word "fixin'" as being anything out of the ordinary. It wasn't until I read you wanting to talk like a southerner did I catch it. And even then I think it took me a second to realize what southern talk you were doing! FYI I think it's more of a Texas word than a deep south word, but I'm not for certain on that one! Love it, Love it!! And love you too!! Good luck with it all and have fun in Hawaii!!!
Good luck for the move! Thanks for sending me those fun sites. And we are borrowing some of your tips for things to do in Utah! Thanks!
DEE!!! Happy Anniversary today! I will never forget! :)
Happy Anniversary this week! So glad we got to see you guys briefly last semester before you're far, far away!! Hope all of the moving and settling goes well!
Post a Comment