Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

To Vince

Every time I see your sweet face my heart flutters, and I think "I am so in love with this boy." Let it be known that I am the first girl to have fallen in love with you. And by the way your face lights up to see me I would hope to think that I am your first crush :)

Thank you for being such a good sleeper! You've been sleeping in an hour, from 8am into 9am now. You seem to not like going to bed for the night until 10pm. That's 11 hours! Bless you child!
Lauryn Hill said it quite well:
How beautiful if nothing more
Than to wait at [Vince's] door
I've never been in love like this before
Now let me pray to keep you from
The perils that will surely come
See life for you my prince has just begun
And I thank you for choosing me
To come through unto life to be
A beautiful reflection of his grace
See I know that a gift so great
Is only one God could create
And I'm reminded every time I see your face

6 comments:

purplehill said...

I can totally relate, as I have only a boy. I am still in love with my Schmander (his nickname). As they get older, it gets harder to hang on that same way. Joseph reminds me that he's "not a baby anymore, mom."

Nana Lama said...

He looks like is name sake to me! He's beautiful.

Unknown said...

I loved this post. I totally understand your feelings and have felt the same way about each of my boys. Isn't being a mother awesome!

Ruth said...

Wow. He's absolutely adorable. I want to play with him.

Aunt Tally said...

He is such an adorable baby. I can't wait to meet him!

lori said...

Oh, he is DARLING. Look at that little face! I love it! And I loved reading your sentiments (I relate so much).