I never wrote about Easter I realized. I was a little disappointed that Easter fell on Conference weekend this year. As a friend put it, "it was like having [my] birthday on Christmas." I like celebrating both separately. Maybe the next time that happens we'll celebrate Easter the week before or after.
It is always a good reminder to hear the apostles talk about the divine nature of motherhood and the important work mothers do in the home, since that is my life's work and what I do every single day.
We went to Charleston, SC on Good Friday since Charles had the day off. I took Azure to the Children's Museum there while Charles and Vince strolled through the picturesque streets.
Azure had fun painting.

And grocery shopping.










For mutual (our Young Women's activity at church) we had a small Passover type/Jerusalem dinner and read the Easter story in plastic eggs.

Then while Daddy attended the Priesthood session of conference, Azure and I dyed some eggs. (He came home just in time to take some pics)

Easter morning we woke up and listened to "Christ the Lord is Risen Today" and other Easter hymns while we opened up our baskets. We also read the Easter account from all 4 gospels. Then Daddy made us potato latkes for breakfast. We watched General Conference and I made our Easter dinner that we shared with our friends the Georges. I made a ham, a quiche, and a springy pasta dish. Charles hid some eggs for Azure outside.
I love her hair in this pic.


She insisted on wearing this shirt backwards and capris that didn't match after she took a nap in her cute Easter dress and soaked it with urine.

All in all it was a good Easter.
3 comments:
No pictures of little Vince?
WOw. Precious hair.
I love her hair in that picture too! Makes me wish my Lucy wasn't SO BIG!!
Glad you had a good holiday!
Post a Comment