Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, April 2, 2010

2 months


Yesterday was Vince's 2 month appointment. He weighed 11 lbs, 5 oz and was 22.5 inches. They gave him 2 shots and we both cried :(

The Dr. said he had very advanced oral and motor development skills because she clicked her tongue at him and he copied her. Then she put him on his tummy and he lifted his neck and torso way up and turned his head from side to side. I was even impressed with that because I've given him "tummy time" like twice. I think Charles holds him in a way that perhaps forces him to use his neck muscles more, so I guess his incredible motor skills are thanks to Charles. Anyways, she said she hasn't seen either of these developments very often in a 2 month old, that's it's more common at 4 months. I know, my son is amazing :)
He really is such a good baby! I'm afraid of when my luck is gonna run out with him. He's been sleeping for 9-10 hrs straight for the past 2 weeks! And the week before that he slept consistently for 8 hrs straight. I'm pretty sure once he turns 3 months this will stop for awhile, if he follows Azure's sleeping habits (which so far he's done).
What helped Azure sleep for so long was a consistent bedtime schedule, including a bath. So, I tried this with Vince and the results were the same. I give him a bath around 9-9:30pm, then I nurse him and swaddle him up really tight using a burp cloth to tie down his arms for extra support. He usually falls asleep between 10-11pm (on his own I might add) he just looks up at his mobile until he drifts off and doesn't wake up until 7:30 or 8am. Amazing right?

Last week I pulled out Azure's old play gym for him. He loves it! As soon as I put him under it he gets the most adorable toothless grin from ear to ear! It has a mirror on top and he just loves looking at himself!Azure loves laying under it with him. She also likes to link her arm in his; and in this picture, she apparently likes to put her arm over his face to see what it will look like in the mirror above :)
He's had blocked tear ducts for almost a month now and some green discharge here and there so he finally got some antibiotic ointment for that yesterday.

He snores and squeaks when he sleeps quite loudly. Some people have thought that he has the hiccups when in fact he's just squeaking. I think it's adorable.

He has become more interactive when he nurses and looks up at me and smiles. He has also started to reach up towards my neck while eating which means he'll be batting at toys soon. Why do they have to grow so fast?

3 comments:

Aunt Tally said...

I wanna meet my nephew!!!

Martha said...

Such cute pictures! Sounds like you have a little Einstein on your hands--watch out in a couple years when he's into everything!

Maren B said...

Yay for the sleeping and neck strength! A sleeping baby (especially one that squeaks) is such a wonderful thing.