We've been memorizing the articles of faith for Family Home Evening. Azure has done great! We used candy as a motivator and now she'll recite them and then say, "Can I have some candy?" with her head cocked to one side and a huge grin. This week we've been learning the 3rd one. Azure seriously is memorizing them better than I am!
Another funny quote this week: "Mommy, your baby is crying. Come feed him!"
Azure has been very cute with Vince. She huddles over him and says, "It's okay boy," when he cries. She loves to give him kisses and help me with his diaper changes. Sometimes though when he cries too loud she covers her ears, which is pretty funny!
When I nurse him during the day she brings all her dolls into my room and pretends to nurse them too. Or she'll just grab things off our dresser that she knows she's not supposed to. So, sometimes I look forward to middle-of-the-night feedings so I can just have Vince all to myself in peace and quiet. Though Azure loves him she is still acting out quite a bit due to the decrease in attention (mostly by destroying the house- breaking into the fridge and overdosing on probiotics and other vitamins, coloring on the couch, putting "stick lips" aka chapstick on all types of surfaces other than lips). I think she's giving me a preview of what her teenage years will be like :( Hopefully, I am much wiser and more patient by then!




8 comments:
I love that you are teaching her the articles of faith already. I just might borrow that idea. I pretend when my kids act out that they are just getting it all over with now and hope they will be perfect teenagers. :)
Oh my goodness Deanna, that video is SOOOOO cute. What a great idea to be teaching her those already!
That video is the so sweet! I need to do that with Lily.
Cutest niece ever!!!
Sounds like a party at your house. Congrats on learning the AOF... Have you been using the songs?
I could watch that video all day. She is so darling--and smart!
That is SO SWEET!!!!
Azure is seriously so cute! "...will be punished for their own shins...." I love that you are doing that with her!
Post a Comment